Tribe discovered by satellite in middle of rainforest?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Lumin8, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Lumin8

Lumin8 Member

http://culturematters.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/uncontacted-indians-contact-an-anthropologist/

Has anyone heard about this? My brother was telling me that there's a tribe in the middle of the brazillian rainforest that has never been in contact with the outside world. I guess there's satellites monitoring illegal deforestation and this tribe cleared some trees to build some more grass huts and it red-flagged on the satellite. That's how they discovered them. I think that's so amazing. Can you imagine never knowing of any advanced technology at this point? I hope the world leaves them alone. Already there's planes circling and taking photos of them. They must be so freaked out.

2. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I had heard this story before. Though they are interesting, even I want to know how they live and what their culture is like. I still hope we just leave them be. If we could move back toward that kind of simple life over generations, we would be making real progress.

3. Lumin8

Lumin8 Member

I agree. If we keep going the way we're going eventually we're going to kill ourselves off.