traveling alone

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Dec 28, 2004.

1. i traveled four hours away by myself before- not on business (of course), and stayed for 6 days.. i loved it. just as much, if not more then traveling with anyone else...

well, i can hear the drum beating...it's been sad... some sad times and i just wanna take off and here the music and see the sites and take in the views by myself.

what do any of you think about me going for a month by myself? ill get my BA quicker (since i FINALLY got my associattes) if i go to summer-school ..... and im kinda in a hurry to get my degrees....

but really, life is short. im a student of life more then anything else. and if traveling alone makes me happy.... should i go and follow "the drum" alone....

if that's what makes me happy...

even without much money....

should i do it?

2. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

one time i took a bus to utah by myself. it was fun, some old guy bought me a soda.

3. haha, you didnt answer me though LOL

should i do it?

i really wanna do it alone.. i can have all the time for thinking, writing, reading... a dream to me. :)

4. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

5. you and your pictures juggs.. lol

6. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

I love my pics

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I've gone plenty of places by myself - moved half way across country by myself - done plenty of things by myself. If I were married though, I would not. So my answer for you is no I don't think you should do it unless your husband would be equally happy being by himself.

8. oh, my husband and i are so cool with stuff like that. despite what most of you prolly think, we have a great relationship like that.

we are not the same. we are two individuals that love each other. :)

and he understands my deep need for simpllicity and aloneness. sometimes i wonder if that's how i should always be. (alone)

but i wont leave him... i love him more then life itself. even if i didnt want to.

9. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

go for it. :D if you dont, you'll always wonder if you could've done it.

10. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Especially before nasty things like a job tie you down...

11. and that's the thing.. i love my husband but i think i need to do it but i think my husband will get that.

he understands that we are one but we are two. ya know?

he wouldnt like it if i didnt go...same for him...

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

That is something that I feel drawn to do as well. I've traveled a lot, but never by myself and I feel like I'm missing out.

I say that if your husband is cool with it and you can manage it without much money, then go for it. Sure we all have to have responsibilities, but we also have to enjoy life.

13. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

GO..or you might regret it later in life, just send hubby lots of postcards so he'll know where you are.

14. to you and swakers..

my main thing is money and my husband...

my husband wont care. im lucky like that. i have a great guy. :)

money... well, i dont have it now....

but would i be able to do it with a trunk full of food, tent, blankets, etc..

and $400...?

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I started on a hitch hike journey alone that ended up being the only dead tour I ever did. but I was never alone for too long. always found road dogs, and I spent a lot of time at gatherings and cougar hot springs, so even though I was technically travelling alone, there was always people around.

16. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Stop by on your way through Tennessee.

17. see, i dont know if i want that or not. but i plan on at LEAST two weeks of solitude in the woods or beach and some music.. if i chill with people that tag along then...then cool but i want at least half of my time to be ALONE or else it's not what i want. ya know?

that's kinda why i want it to be at least a month... so i have a bit of freedom with it and not be really rushed. :)

18. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I like travelling by myself. Go for it, if that's what you wanna do.

19. hiro

hiro pursue it

I never travel with anyone. I have been to Europe alone and across the states alone. I like traveling alone but since I have met Ben I have realized traveling and being alone aren't that great when you have the special companion.

20. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

When I lived in AZ, I drove 5 hours to North Palm Springs,CA by myself and loved the trip. I had about $100 in my pocket when I left.
    When I took the greyhound bus back to NH, I had around $125 in my pocket.
    Isn't there a place that hubby would like to visit...maybe you could go on a trip together