travel partner

Discussion in 'Find-A-Ride' started by neoteny, Jan 30, 2005.

1. neoteny

neoteny Member

I have been struck by a horrible case of wanderlust for awhile now, and this summer I intend to try to satisfy it. I plan on taking the month of June (at least) to get out on the road. I am definitely going to make it out to California for High Sierra. I would also like to attend a ten-day Vipassana meditation retreat, although that would probably mean foregoing Wakarusa (which I am considering, as well). Other than that, I just want to wander the country, meet some cool people, see some great music, and hopefully have a meaningful adventure. I'm looking for a brother or sister to experience this with me. My plans aren't that concrete, and I am very open to suggestions. I want to find someone as excited about an adventure as I am.

2. jim_jam

jim_jam Member

im planning on heading out to cali to but i am thinking about going in feb instead of june, if you could get away earlier i would be glad to join up with you. im goin out to visit some friends i met in D.C.

3. deadman420

deadman420 Member

:) that sounds awesome man. i always wanted to do the same thing, but i havent figured out the money situation or a good method of travel. i live in indiana right now, but im dying to go to cali. i just feel like something out there is calling me ya know? if your in TN, im going there this june for bonnaroo. maybe we should have a chat sometime. send me a pm if your interested

4. masterkush419

masterkush419 Member

5. sodabandito

sodabandito Member

I was thinking of travelling to the SW, Arizona, New Mexico, etc; around June as well,
    if you're still interested, PM me or something. Travelling in a group or with a companion is alot safer and more fun. Unfortunately, I don't posess a car right now, so it might take me a while to get where I'm going. Thats OK, I got all the time in the world and am open for adventutre.

B

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hmmmm work/travel, work/travel . . . .. hmmmm i might be sold on this idea, dunno if i want to go out west though . . . . grrrrr i hate having the possibility of a work future. life was so much simpler when i was a hobo.

7. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

you aint kiddin' stranger.

~let yer love light shine~
    Sundance

8. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

Hey Soda, I am planning a very similar trip around May or June. I don't have any concrete plans, but Arizona/New Mexico are definitely on the to-go list. Maybe we should discuss a possible group trip - maybe see who expresses interest. Or we can discuss other ideas. The one condition I feel should be flexibility - I don't want a fixed itinerary, if anything the farthest thing from it... Let me know.

Peace