Transpiration issue...?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by ndavisenterprise, May 22, 2013.

1. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

I need help to figure this out. Do you think this is caused by a mag def? I have been giving an additional 50-150ppm of mag (epsom salt) per watering and they are not changing. The plant is in great shape other than this. No necrotic spots or yellow leafs.

Any thoughts?

2. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

I need help to figure this out. Do you think this is caused by a mag def? I have been giving an additional 50-150ppm of mag (epsom salt) per watering and they are not changing. The plant is in great shape other than this. No necrotic spots or yellow leafs.

Any thoughts?

3. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Looks like there getting hot to me with the up turned edges on all the leafs next stage up from that is yellowing leafs that crisp up and quickly fall off.

4. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hydro/DWC
    What brand and type of soil? N/A
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Plush Berry
    How old are the plants? Week 4 of flower, day 26
    What type of lights and how many watts? HTG 600watt HPS
    How far from the lights? 12"
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? RO water that is aereated in a rez with 250ppm cal-mag, 75ppm epsom salt. Average is 300ppm of water with the cal-mag/mag-sulfer. Topped off with h2o twice daily.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? I do two rez changes a week this grow. I am using GH flora nova bloom at 5ml/gal in a 7 gal rez, about 650ppm
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 5.9ph, 800ppm (with the extra cal-mag-sulfer)
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 45%-55%
    What size pots? 20 gal bucket, rez is 8 gal of h2o, DWC
    Any bugs? Look real close. Only a few fungus gnats.
    Any other pertinent info? Room temp at 82 degrees, 1400ppm CO2

My plant looks really healthy, nice green, but she is having a problem transpiring and cooling down. I have even lowered the temps to 73-75 degrees for days and she still fringes er edges...

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

nitro burn. the plants dont use much nitrogen during flowering. weaken the N, during flowering, and it should clear up.

6. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

Thanks for the reply man!

How so sure its a nitrogen burn? The flora nova bloom is 4-8-7. If I were to use micro and bloom it would total 5-5-5.

Please help me understand. :) Thanks

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I want to add I dont grow hyrdo, however.. here is a symptom guide. http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms

looks like you are doing well, so I wouldnt panic and may even let them run it out naturally without changing anything. Depends on how you feel about it. dont adjust all the plants at once. Try to repair a single plant at a time.

but you are now a little far into the flowering session: risk of losing crop by doing something that might not be necessary..

4+5 = 9.. ;) might want to keep it around 3 in flowering.

8. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

This is what I did. I raised the lights (the canopy has grow quickly), I am 12" apart now. I added 200ppm more epsom salt because I have read a number of times that if they are praying, they are praying for mag.

I only run the Flora Nova Bloom (one part nuit), its 4-8-7 then a few additives. I was saying with this nuit I am at 4(N) instead of 5(N) with the Flora Micro blend.

I will chill for a few days and see how those two changes affect her, the light and the extra magnesium sulfate. I will be watching her close. :)

I expect a lb off this plant and want to dial her in just perfect! She is sooooo close!!!

Thanks for the replies. I will weigh this advice heavily!!!

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ok , I see you can risk playing food games with it.. Keep doing what you are doing. very good for 4weeks. sometimes youll get a little burn, but shouldn't be overly worried unless you see some real damage..

nice little sog u got there.

10. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

Thank ya sir!

I'll make sure to update in a few days the results!

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Flora Nova Bloom, should be just fine. +

another thing.: u have a single hps lamp. sometimes individual plants can burn from this alone. You only have the HPS spectrum of light / a low watt MH will even it out. or a fluorescent cool white would help.

see the process of photosynthesis, using energy, breaking down nuits. is only being done by the hps lamp.

if you have all the other stuff correct. Then u might want to seek out other things that could be the cause. Your feeding sounds good. everything sounds good.

then I thought. Ok you only have one hps lamp and a heavy duty one at that. The cool white will also help the plant use that extra nitrogen. should that be the case.

12. ndavisenterprise

ndavisenterprise Guest

I'll look into that. Great thought!

I do have two corner mount LED strapped to my SCROG net. They don't do the whole plant much good I don't think. One in front and one in the back. You can see it in the pic above showing the whole canopy!