'translations' of rapsongs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by velvet, Jan 25, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

why are some of you people getting all upset with some of us folks who cannot understand rap lyrics and/or music?? what is there to get when you dont understand?? Im from a small midwestern town. the only ghettos I ever really had ventured into was in Kansas City. how can I understand what they are going through? how can I understand their slang and ebonics?? hell, I even had to ask someone at work what a "boo" was. I had no idea. why would I particularly be fond of someone rapping about hennesy (sp??) or 50 inch rims or pimpin ho's or platinum chains or gold teeth?? I personally dont ever see any of that stuff. ever. why would I enjoy hearing about it?? it goes the same with any form of entertainment. personally I dont like jewish comedians because they usually stick with their shtick. you know?? IM not rich, nor am I jewish, so how would I relate?? give me a fuckin redneck who makes fun of his local trailer park, and Im there!

2. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I don't have a problem with people stating their preference

But why say its "not music" or "of no value"?

If you don't like, fine, don't like it. Saying its not valid because YOU don't like it is just not necessary

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

maybe its of no value to them.

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

one man's trash is another's treasure. i prefer music without any lyrics, myself. i can't fucking understand any of these mumbling/whining/shouting assholes. and most of what they have to say speaks to me not at all. doesn't really matter WHAT kind of music it is. i just try to ignore the words. many a good track has been ruined by lyrics. :D

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I had to ask someone what "drop it like its hot" means and I still dont know what "park it like its hot" means. anyone know?

6. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

drop it like its hot - show your aerobic ability and squat aka "drop" your buttocks as you would a object of high temperature or shake your buttocks as if they are the most attractive and therefore worthy of display and shaking

(if the pigs try to get at you) park it like its hot - in the event that you are being followed by the police in an attempt to ticket you or make you nervous enough to commit a crime, park your vehicle as if it was stolen

in other words.....act paranoid

7. mynameiskc

wow. a whole new world has been opened to me.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I understand what you are saying. I usesd to hate rap for the same reason but, I started listening more, and I started to like it, mostly because of the beat. Then, I started understanding it, and know I go to a black school and I can relate a lot better.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

ahh so its a mating ritual.

damn rap lyrics for making me want a hoochie mama!!!!!

10. mynameiskc

but what if your buttocks are not attractive at all?

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

an apple bottom would make it more attractive.

12. mynameiskc

do i stuff those in my underwear?

13. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

WHOOMP! There it is!

haha

.......................oh, shit........I dont' know....................:p

14. mynameiskc

when that came out, i remember a girl i used to be friends with (we drifted apart, i was a geek) strutting into the gym pep rally with a pacifier in her mouth swinging her hands around. it was kinda not right.