'translations' of rapsongs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by velvet, Jan 25, 2005.

1. velvet

velvet Banned

Nothing. I don't know that particular song but why don't you provide us with the right lyrics? Maybe he got these lyrics from a live concert or something?

What I said was an expression and to be honest I can't imagine that you can't make a sentence online without the word 'fuck', 'bitch' or 'stupid' in it but you don't curse around your kids. But hey.. I don't know you.. I got that. And even if you do use the same language you use here around them, that's your own business.

Oh.. so.. wait.. first you blame me for judging you even though I don't know you.. and now you are saying I don't use my brain. Nice. FYI, I do use my brain, thank you for caring about that.

2. lynsey

lynsey Banned

geez it's not a problem with her it's a problem with ya'll. If someone got your precious pink floyd lyrics wrong and mocked them would you not speak up? I love pink floyd but to someone who doesn't listen to them how much sense would their lyrics make? Music isn't a racial thing it is un-understandable cross culturaly lol:)

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

no ebonics is not a black thing is a geographical location thing. Just like californians say for reals and like all the time, just like southerners say ya'll. That's a common misconception.

4. velvet

velvet Banned

Don't make this into a black/white thing 'cause rap isn't all that black anymore anyway.. and you know that what you are saying is way out of line and you are just stirring things up here. This is your first post eh? Hm.. who are you.. totally new or an oldie.. I wonder who.....

5. velvet

velvet Banned

Hear hear :)

And yeah.. I would make a comment on the wrong lyrics as well.. but I'd post the right ones for reference because just yelling 'those are wrong' doesn't really add to the conversation a whole lot :) But it really doesn't matter because the whole point of the guy translating that was to show what a ridiculous text it is .. hehe.. I mean.. bands like Radiohead have completely vague lines as well.. but that's poetic.. this is just.. well.. funny in a pathetic kinda way.. if you take it too seriously, that is ;)

Like I said.. I like the rhythm and the whole deal.. but it's simple entertaiment and nothing more (at least the commercial stuff).

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Thats great... makes me hate rape music that much more being able to understand it

7. velvet

velvet Banned

I'm offended because I'm lazy and you talk about it like it's wrong :p

nah, seriously.. I don't like stereotyping and you are doing that big time here so.. and no, I'm not black.. I'd make a perfect subject for Hitlers breeding projects back in the days: caucasian, blond hair, blue eyes ;) But since I don't care what someone elses race is I'm not going to let you stereotype someone elses race either without saying something about it.. we're all human here and if you cut us, we all bleed the same color.. so stop focussing on the amount of pigment in the body. If anything, make it a cultural thing, but even than it would be a generalisation and stereoptying.

8. lynsey

lynsey Banned

ot you this isn't poetic. Isn't art-ALL ART individulay interrpetated and that's what makes it beautiful and our perspectives on it is what makes us unique. We should celebrate our differences, not try to minimize them.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

it's not just these days look at jackson pollock-his works were highley debatable in the sense of whether or not they were considered art. Art is ever changing and liberal-not constricted. When you constrict your thoughts on art is when you lose the artist within you.

10. velvet

velvet Banned

Yeah true..

It's like.. most rock songs go about a 'relationship' of somekind.. a woman they've loved but lost etc etc.. and rap is lately all about being as 'tough' as possible by nailing as much women as possible and treating them like complete objects, blingbling, big cars, cursing etc etc.. There is (imho) good rap out there that is about injustice and freedom and everything, but most of it is just shallow and seksist crap with a goodsounding beat.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i'm having a flashback to 1982, explaining to my friends what rap was...they were black kids in country-fuck texas. now that's a freaking trip.

and art is art. get the fuck over it. i don't like andy warhol, i think he's trash, but it's still humans expressing themselves. quit being such fucking ignorant snobs.

12. mynameiskc

quote "humans expressing themselves"

though i could argue that if you like it, an elephant expressing itself with a paint brush is art, too. they are pretty intelligent.

13. stuntdragon1

stuntdragon1 Member

hmmm should I stay out of this one?

14. mynameiskc

to someone, it is. deal with it. the art of human communication.

15. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

too much effort plus I don't think anyone here but me ( and maybe Duck ) cares. Actually, I don't care. It was just a joke but the fact that Gucci was mistaken for coochie jumped out at me

I never said that I didn't. Again, if you really want to know, ask. Although I have no idea if I'll answer, I'm moody

thank you for recognizing that

actually, i was pissed that it was assumed that I didn't think the joke was funny...I did. I was annoyed by the assumption. I wouldn't necessarily call that "judging" me.

I don't really dislike you, I'm just annoyed by you speaking on things that you don't know about. But then again, with your constant sarcastic, bitchy remarks directed at me.......I can't help but respect you

You're welcome. I do my best

16. velvet

velvet Banned

Hehehe.. is that a typo? Anyways.. yeah.. better a bitch than a push-over, right? ;)

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

lemme just say I hate all mainstream rap. they all rap about the same types of things. I guess you gotta do what it takes to sell records.

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

except will smith. that guy has some mad rhymes.

19. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

why do you care? And I don't have to breath if I don't want to

*sticks out tongue*

ahhhh......fresh meat

20. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

You shouldn't be so quick to call something moronic. Would you be able to translate rap lyrics into proper English if I gave you the lyrics?