Transition

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Willcapp, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Willcapp

Willcapp Members

Is it possible to transition from straight to gay. I feel it happening to me

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think so, but gaining trust in that case might be a real issue. How long have you suspected you might be gay and how old are you?

3. Willcapp

Willcapp Members

I'm 56

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Anybody who tells you they know everything about love and sex is a fucking liar.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that the kind of transition you're talking about is easier when you're younger, but you could probably just change it like a pair of tennis shoes. Who am I to tell you what to do.

6. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

Maybe you're not transitioning. Maybe you were gay all along, and only pretended to be straight to fit other people's "norms."

Piobaire likes this.
  7. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The process of coming to terms with who we are is something that can transition over time. For many people, coming to terms with feelings of being attracted to someone of the same sex, or realizing possibly that our gender does not match, or a variety of scenarios - seem to play out at different times.
    I have talked to some men who knew from the time they were little kids that they were gay - and never needed to figure it out.
    For myself, I look back and almost laugh at how obvious it was that I was gay (actually, to be accurate - a gay leaning bisexual - which I think added to my confusion and inability to recognize the truth) but it took me a long time to even see it, much less admit it to myself or anyone else.
    I have also heard the stories of fully functioning heterosexual married men who later in their lives begin to realize they are more attracted to men than to women, or that they are actually transgender, which really must be a mind-bender to work through. I give a lot of credit to anyone who can face their truths and work it through. It is dark and lonely in the closet.

regina73 likes this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The only constant is change. Life is a never-ending series of transitions, like waves rising and falling. Learn to surf, or you'll be seasick all the time.
    Just go with the flow.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  9. parris001

parris001 Guest

I’m figuring by now, you know! First time that thing squirted up my ass I knew I was hooked.