Transformers

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi Movies' started by Ehoney29, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

Is anyone else looking forward to Transformers? I am so excited to see it! It's gonna be insane.

2. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

god I can't wait !!!!! It's been released since yesterday in a lot of countries already but we in the US gotta wait until next week AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

3. littleghost

littleghost Member

my boyfriend has been freakin out about it for a while. everytime he sees a comercial hes like "TRANSFORMERS"!!!!! He's even showed me the website. I guess im ready to see it to see if all his fuss was really necessary

4. Gravity

Gravity #winning

my nigga soundwave was a fucking beast...

bumblebee was too.

I still hate how they fucked up megatron though. Megatron and starscream was the illest niggas. They should of been 1-2ing niggas with megatron transforming into that cannon.

5. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

GOD DAM!!!! i just saw this yesterday and it TOTALLY ROCKS !!!!!! 98 out of 100 :)

6. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

Hell yea, Transformers was sick! Can't wait to see it again.

7. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

Yeah the movie was sick! Prime cut devastateors head off with that sick ass sword that came out his arm. And jazz got ripped into two peices by megatron. Megatron was sweet!

8. votevip

votevip Member

just saw this in China

9. nashy61

nashy61 Member

Loved It!

10. Consciousman

Consciousman Member

Big fan of Tranformers when I was younger, unfortunately I haven't seen the movie yet, but I defenitely will.

11. mondoglove

mondoglove Member

i dont see how anyone could actually think it is a good movie. i LOVED the cartoon as a child, and was dissapointed to see nothing remotely resembling the original series besides a few character names.

everything was seen from the human's perspective.

the main villain wasnt introduced until the 3rd act of the movie, and even then he had no personality.

most of the transformers had no personality or dialogue.

the humans were among the most annoying cast i have ever seen.

the idea that human technology is a threat to sophisticated alien robots is completely absurd.

the tone of the film seems to have been designed with sugar-rushing six year-olds in mind.

yes, the effects and the action sequences were spectacular. so fuckin' what. the script was a joke. michael bay is a hack.

12. pussybroker

pussybroker Member

fuck i live in a small city of china till now transformer still don`t release here i can`t waite there is pirate version on line but i don`t like it this is a violation of the classic movie

13. Valdis

Valdis Member

My son says this is his fav movie of the summer!!! He wants to make his Dad go see it.

Fat chance that.

14. tfb9999

tfb9999 Member

I'm not sure, I don't really think I cared about the plot and stuff, I just wanted to see what Transformers would look like in 3D, how nicely they are executed and integrated into the real world. And see them blow shit up, because that's really the basic core of a robot movie experience. On this regard, I say the Transformers movie is awesome.

If you're looking to make sense out of the movie, look at the original series first. I'll pull out a couple of things that I found absurd: One, Megatron can transform into a huge-ass cannon, and a small handgun that fits nicely into a Decepticon's hand with that same body of his. Two, casette players in the year 2005 (I know this isn't the creators' fault; they can't see the future, but still counts as absurd plot-wise). Three, Rodimus Prime. There's a lot more, but I think these should suffice.

I think the movie was supposed to be enjoyed for what it's worth. It's no The Matrix for sure; it doesn't aim to be. It just wants to show us huge robots blowing shit up, and it delivers nicely.

At the very least, it's way, way better than previous attempts at 3Dfying Transformers, like Beast Wars (ugh) and Energon (ugggghhh)

15. bbluvsu

bbluvsu Member

i went and saw the movie last night that it was great!

16. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

I actually liked beast wars.

17. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

God damn that was one of the dumbest movies i have ever seen in my life! I regret i payed to watch that kind of shit.

18. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i mean the transformers were nice made, but the whole movie was nothing but a piece of crap.

19. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I haven't seen this yet, but i know that I shall be going into it with the frame of mind of the 8 year old boy i was, watching the cartoon back in the 80's...

I'm not expecting any kind of plot or character development... It's basically one of those movies that's a typical 'no-brainer'... You let your juvenile side take over you for that 90 minutes and just enjoy the spectacle.

20. mondoglove

mondoglove Member

is there some unwritten rule in hollywood that just because something originated as childrens entertainment, that it must be devoid of plot, intelligence, irony or cultural significance of any kind?

yes, the original series made little sense at times, and the ordinary rules of reality didnt seem to apply, but at least it had endearing characters. bay obviously has a fetish for american militarism, and a habit of consistently underestimating the intelligence of the audience.

the film could have been a chance to put our current energy security issues into a greater context. it could have shown that we are helplessly defenceless against superior technology. the darker side of human nature: imagine the secretary of defence doing a deal with the deceptions for free energy, or mobs of angry people denouncing the misunderstood autobots. im thinking 'starship troopers' here. perfect as a simple action film, but it has so much more when you peel back the surface layers.

the film could have been so much more. when you lower your expectations to the level of mindless entertainment, hollywood will deliver just that.