trading, pack living, traveler

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kozmikbunny, Jan 17, 2005.

1. kozmikbunny

kozmikbunny Member

so, real quick, im going to be living on the road for a while, first stop ocala, ive never been, so i was wondering what kind of trading goes down? i figured that essential would be a good start but im an acid_kid pack rat.. so i have toys and fun things galore.. as well as movies, cds etc.. i dont want to think like im passing on the burden of possesions, so i just wanted to inquire. also i know that i will find good family there and plan on pitching in.. but in your opinion whats a good thing to bring, like that you would never forget [ive read tons of stuff and know a bit of what im bringing, sorry to bring this up, just asking an opinion of someone whos bored and likes typing ;)] and finally im hoping to meet people who want to train hop or hitch around or who want to give me rides.. basically a beautiful soul looking for beautiful souls to share beautiful experiences with.. no boundaries.. i never want to go back.. haha
    luvkoz

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Hello! Have fun! I just got back from Ocala a couple weeks ago and I don't think I will make it back down for the gathering...we have business we have to take care of unforetunetly(law probs :( ). The people down there are great. I miss them all and I'm sad I will not get to go back. Trade anything! There is always someone looking for something new. Bring a sleeping bag, a tent or tarp and your own bliss wear (cup, plate/bowl, spoon, fork). I suggest getting a hikers clip and just clipping it all onto yourself so ya don't lose it cuz I lose everything. lol Bring socks and shoes... I got staff pretty bad when I was down there. It is also VERY flooded and swampy so sneakers might be your best option. Bring a sweater or some kind of jacket, it gets cold at night. And if you want to make a good impression bring yarn and find Sarah(blonde dready canadian chick), lol. Tell her Eryn suggested she might need this, lol. She'll prob knit you a hat for your deed if you do. :) The kids down there are a good bunch... look for Kenny, he is a permanate camper down there, he is a good person to first see, he will know whats going on and where to go... Beware though, it is very hard to hitchike in to Ocala. It took kids days to get into the woods. The locals aren't very fond of us, lol. Spanging is illegal too. Your best bet is to find a ride ahead of time that wants to take you all the way in. If you don't you might end up walking the whole way. All the kids were at Buck Lake, they might have moved though.

Lovin you,
    Eryn

3. mingodrake

mingodrake Member

Socks......lots of socks.....
    I myself am really looking forward to Ocala..my first time was 95 and it was a real turning point in my life. Have fun and be carefull with the train hopping...its not like it used to be out there.

4. raven23

raven23 Member

Is the Sarah you refer to from Sarnia, Ontario? I came down here from Canada with a blonde dreadie chick named sarah who doesn't like to email people very often :) Last I heard she was in New Hampshire.

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

hmmm... I'm not sure. She is 20. She was on dead tour all summer and met a guy who brought her to Ocala. They started traveling together just this summer and Ocala is her first gathering. Then they broke up and she is on her own again and stuck living in the Ocala woods for now. Is this the same Sarah?

6. raven23

raven23 Member

Different Sarah then. The one I know is 22 and has been to many gatherings.
    It's a small rainbow world sometimes, so you never know.

7. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

Man We Sittin Here,, Fixin Our Boots,, An Last Night I Slept Ithe Woods With A Shitty Bag... So Ill Give Ya 2 Road Wise Essentials,,....

Shoe Goo Is A Must!!!!!!!!

An Goddamn A Decent Slepin Bag Is Another...