Torture

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by dirtydog, Apr 24, 2009.

1. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

2. jamesrock

jamesrock Member

for geda bow did

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

1) I highly doubt torture is out simply because Bush and Cheney are out, and Obama's rhetoric (when he lies about almost everything) leads one to believe it's out. If I was to fall for that line I would be quite gullible.

2) It's now known that top-tier Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid knew about this torture and did nothing about it (because secretly they have nothing against it).

So once again it looks like the difference between parties is simply a matter of what the politicians say versus what they do and believe out of the spotlight.

4. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

5. odon

odon Slightly Popular

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    So, I don't go in for torturing the torturers.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21634.html

Exactly.

Not a lot will change.

On January 22, 2009 President Barack Obama signed an executive order requiring the CIA to use only the 19 interrogation methods outlined in the United States Army Field Manual "unless the Attorney General with appropriate consultation provides further guidance."
    http://www.kimsoft.com/2000/kubark.htm

6. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Well in fairness I think we have to consider those individuals that were convicted for Abu Gahrib. If they were prosecutable, then those that issued the directives on what techniques were to be used should also be seen as prosecutable.

And on another level I think those in congress that were aware and turned a blind eye should be seen as not worthy of re-election.

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Completely different kettle of fish, imo. Nobody authorised the BS that went on there, to the best of my knowledge.

8. gardener

I disagree that no one authorized it:

http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/1348

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I doubt you will find any executive orders that permited this:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?h...snum=1&q=abu ghraib&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

IMO, the executive order you mention is in relation to interegation and was carried out in many other prisons.

If you are not talking about the BS that some of the gaurds did (depicted in the link) then apologies.

10. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

"The CIA torturers themselves" I read as the "torture CIA themselves".:rolleyes:

The use of torture devides the nation. They might just be seen as heroes.

12. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

13. gardener

Just another example that illustrates that the term hero has come to mean nothing today. Something else the Bush administration is responsible for.

14. odon

odon Slightly Popular

It's probably predominantly people who are "Right-wing".
    But I did read a recent poll. The...well here you go (better explanation)... http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/04/24/Poll-US-split-on-torture/UPI-55341240631033/

A no go in Spain, apparently:
    http://www.newsobserver.com/nation_world/story/1489044.html

15. odon

odon Slightly Popular

My choice of language. Not Bush. :rolleyes:

16. Pressed_Rat

17. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

My own take on the situation is that "globalists" are using torture as a way of demonizing the USA, so that they can spread anti-US propaganda in foreign countries.

The globalist's end-game is to bring about a foreign military invasion of the USA.

"The USA tortures people," say the globalists in their newsmedia propaganda.

"The USA is stockpiling WMDs."

"We have a moral imperative to invade the USA on account of the threat that it poses to the free world !"

"The USA is ruled by Barack Hussein, the ruthless dictator. Hussein is an evil strongman, who must be stopped at all costs !"

We've heard all of this stuff before, except that the last time we heard it it was being directed against the nation of Iraq.

It isn't going to be any fun when a foreign army invades the USA and starts shooting at US citizens, but I suppose that maybe it will be a form of poetic justice.

18. Pressed_Rat

Yes, it's used to demonize the US, but under the good cop/bad cop scenario the elite play, they are portraying Obama as if he is against torture, even though the executive orders he signed, which were purported to end torture, are riddled with loopholes that actually permit torture.

Obama’s Torture Loopholes

Aside from this, the whole torture debate is being used to desensitize people to torture and acclimate the public to such tactics being used here at home.

19. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

The following is a partial list of radio talk show personalities who imo represent an "international globalist conspiracy" which is bent on conquering and depopulating the planet:

Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Rusty Humphries, Dennis Praeger, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Le-VIN (Levin?), Mike Malloy, John Elliot, Ed Schultz, Ron Kubey, Neal Boortz, Nancy Skinner, Thom Hartman, Laura Ingram, Peter B. Collins, Randy Rhodes, Rachel Maddow, Bill Press and "the one and only Lionel."

I'm wondering if somebody can cite the names of a few radio talk show personalities who are broadcasting propaganda in other countries, such as in Russia or China, for example.

I'm interested in hearing what the foreign radio talk show hosts are saying with regard to the USA. I'd like to know if there might be some Chinese equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, and if so, if he's trying to incite violence against the USA.

I'm sure that there's got to be at least ONE person who listens in on "talk radio" in Russia or China.

I don't believe that there's an imminent danger that the USA is going to be invaded by the British or the French or the Germans, but then again you never know, right ? I mean, it's always possible that these erstwhile "allies" might someday invade the USA as part of some "coalition of the willing."

I'd really like to hear from you guys who live in other countries.

I'd really like to know if you actually believe the kind of stuff they're telling you on talk radio. Some of you guys are of military age, so I'd like to know what you think you're going to do after they stick a rifle in your hand and they send you off to the good ole' USA in order to keep the Catholics and the Protestants from blowing each other up in crowded marketplaces. If they tell you, for example, that there's a "war" going on between the Mormons and the Methodists, or that "Presbyterian insurgents" are blowing up Catholic churches in the suburbs of Indiana, are you going to believe that it's really true just because they're telling you that it's true ??

20. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned