tortilla soup

Discussion in 'Soups' started by beatlebug, Feb 15, 2011.

1. beatlebug

beatlebug Member

So I pretty much made it from scratch. All I had was chicken drumsticks so I cooked them in the oven for 50 minutes on 375. During that time I chopped up 4 jalapeno peppers and 3 serrano peppers... thats if you really like it hot like I do. If not I'd at least cut that in half. I also chopped up one small red onion and sauteed the peppers and onion in sperate pans with margerine. I boiled 8 cups of water then added 9 regular sized chicken boullion cubes, the peppers and onions, one and a half cups frozen okra and one can tomatoes with green chiles and let it go at a medium boil. When the chicken was done I cut the meat off the bone and seperated it into smaller pieces and put it in, along with shredded cilantro, diced avocado and frozen corn. After I let it simmer a while I squeezed a small lime into it. If you really like it hot add a tablespoon of ground red pepper. I'm a little buzzed on homemade wine, I really hope it makes sense to you guys! I made it this evening and everyone loved it :)