Tornadoes in Dreams

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Big Ray, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Big Ray

Big Ray Guest

I just woke up..not really tense but I had a dream I was driving somewhere in Arizona and I was going across a bridge. I looked ahead and saw swirling clouds and funnel clouds and tornados starting to drop down.I thought, TORNADOES in AZ? NO WAY! I saw one Big one which started heading towards me. I saw two other small funnnels kind of bounce down touch ground and go back up. Suddenly I was in a solid white wash type of scene and I couldnt see where I was driving. I was thinking this is it...I tried to blindly turn the car around and go the other way when it cleared for a moment. I continued to drive. I think I was going home...I never called home to say I was alright. Then everywhere ///I saw funnel clouds and tornados heading towards me. A big ominous black swirling tornado headed towards me a few times. As I was driving, I saw others touch down,. It seemed I always turned into the direction of another one. I was thinking..of all the places in the world to be..I am in the path of a tornado.But I always managed to stay just in front of it. It never got to me. I was looking for a place to take cover...I kept turning corners trying to go away from the tornado. It never caught me and I was always in front of it. Then I was on foot running thru a neighborhood when I saw the LARGE TWISTER touch down and I could see it thru trees again coming towards me. I went into a multifloor house. People were everywhere but no one was as afraid as me. I looked and saw the tornado coming directly at the house. I tried to access if the home which was old and cement would with stand the hit.I said this is it, I am going to die. But the hit never happened..I made my way out back and saw guys on a golf green and the tornado clouds were all above and little funnels were touching the ground etc. One golfer looked at me and said...Dont worry about those tornados...they dont even have enough rotation to kick up the sand on the green and he laughed and contniued playing. I felt like I had learned something interesting about a tornado but at the same time, they all looked ominous and except for the part where I wa blinded briefly by a white wall of wind and water (and I never FELT the wind)..all the other times there was really no wind just the tornadoes themselves. The last thing was when the golfer said...no worries ..they are not strong enough to do any damage (which actually makes no sense because they are twisters but at that time in the dream it made sense to me...I calmed down then I woke up.....WHAT THE HELLLLLL???hahahahah (yes I dream in color very vividly as well)

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I dream about tornadoes a lot, too. But it makes sense for me...I live in a trailer house in tornado alley...

3. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I also have frequent dreams about tornadoes, that can be very vivid as well. I also have mad dreams about being in the middle of really violent lightning storms. Sometimes I get hit by lightning in the dreams and also sucked into tornadoes.

4. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Thats weird .My first EVER dream about a tornado was on Monday.
    And I posted about it here.

Fortunately I did NOT wake up to find I was Dorothy out of thw Wizard of Oz:p

5. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Heck, if you had a dream about a tornado and RT on the same night, and then there's two threads on the subject here, that's really weird. I must be psychic, no other conclusion.

OT: I've never dreamt of a tornado, I rarely think about them.

6. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm , maybe .I have lots of weird dreams and even the odd psychic type thing.

7. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

i've had tornado dreams too. especially when i was a kid, cause i lived in the midwest, and i saw a tornado once, up close. they're scary and yet kind of exhilarating.

8. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I am fascinated by tornadoes, and I really want to see one with my own eyes in my lifetime. Quite often in the dream I dream that I see a tornado, and I'm really excited at finally getting to see one, then of course eventually I wake up and I'm really disappointed it was just dream, you know like the sex dreams and the ones where you find loads of money lying on the ground.

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Scientists recently discovered that it's trailer parks that cause tornadoes.

10. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Hahaha, the last tornado that got close jumped over our neighborhood. Lucky? I'd say so.

And I most of the time think I'm boring, but I've actually seen a tornado with my own eyes. I was 5 years old and it was amazing.