Too Much Weirdness?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

A mate of mine invited me along to a festival in the summer, which I've been to many times before and is basically a drugfest attended by dropouts and weirdos. I've decided that I've had enough weirdness in my life now, so I'm not going to go. Have you reached the point where you've had enough weirdness in your life?

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes. I'm going to join the Conservative party, cut my hair, and listen to Craig David.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Americunt likes this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Like My Weirdness.......I'm Still A Fulltime Barefooter....BUT....A Few Months Back I Cut My

Dreadlocks Off............I Hate Myself For Doing That.....:cry:

Cheers Glen.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You've got to learn to contain all your contradictions. Don't form a self-image. Just be.

Noserider likes this.
  6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

That's not what I'm intending to do. It's more of a valuing my sanity kind of thing.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

yeah I'm actually in the exact same boat, a friend wants me to go to an EDM festival this summer and I acted all excited about it at first because that's always been my way, I'm not even into EDM but generally I've always said yes to any new experience and I go and I get weird and have a blast

But then I really started thinking about it and I dont think I'm up for it any more. Like if I could just go for a few hours and come home to my bed, that might be okay. but days of it? i just dont know.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yeah well. I guess as we get older we need to revaluate who we are and how we want to be. Who we want to know. Personally I'm not into drugs anymore. I'm politically left-wing but I also have a conservative side with a small "c" in my nature. I'm now discovering a new sense of ambition in my life and that feels really good.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Not about festivals! :) Just kidding.
    You're totally right. I don't go to festivals because it's kind of expensive and a little bit of a hassle to get satisfactory accommodations and everything.

10. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Nope.

But then again, reaching a point where I've had enough weirdness would be like giving up on who I am.
    Being weird is just part of the foundation of who I am.

But I get what you mean... like when it comes to drinking and hanging out, I pretty much always choose grabbing some awesome beers to drink at home.
    (which is lucky for all of you, cause you get to deal with me getting drunk at home and treating the 'net as my dive bar.)

:smilingimp:

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You cut off your dreadlocks, oh thank god.

I was sick of having to explain that at the annual secret gay meeting.

Yeah, sorry guys, there is one if us out in bathurst, he has dreadlocks - what? They would always relpy.....a gay man.....AND he has dreadlocks????

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

.........:laughing:

Cheers Glen.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I did this on Thursday I hum&ho, I was real excited when I bought the tickets. But then the day came. I gave my miss a way out, she didn' take it. So I kinda just get myself hyped up. Then the time comes she doesn' want to go. So okay. Well I do now so we are going lol. So we go and we have a good time. :)

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If you've never been, I'd suggest to go. IMO Raving on E can be every bit a transformative experience as tripping on Mushrooms or LSD but even if not, usually at the very least it's a blast. There is something ineffable about the environment that synergizes with the Ecstasy experience incredibly well. Large EDM festivals tend to have more of a spectacle feel to them as where underground raves tend to be more communal, but both can be amazing. I suppose I liked some EDM before I raved but I definitely developed a whole new appreciation and understanding of the music and culture after raving.

However, I'll admit I've never gone to an EDM event consecutive nights, many raves used to just go all night from sunset to sunrise. I think that format of staying up all night, for one night, might be a bit easier to navigate than battling the attrition of going consecutive nights, particularly if experimentation is involved. But who knows, maybe after the first night you'll have a "Oh wow, that was amazing! I want to do it again some time." reaction and well... you'll have the following night to look forward to. :)

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I feel like this thread is more about things you don't want to do than it is about weirdness.

Anyway, I embrace my weirdness and--yeah, who wants to do what they don't want to do?

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm the opposite, i've reached the point where i can't put up with normalness anymore.

Kick Frenzy likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't call the op weirdness. i'd call that mundaneness, or the next thing to it.
    i can remember when that would have been weird though,
    a very different world a very long time ago,
    only some of us old timers are old enough to actually remember it.

now something really strange, would be good.
    (normalness has always been a myth.
    averageness of course can always be calculated, but has anyone ever actually lived it?)

i'm weird because i don't consume alky and don't hate logic, and don't believe in the goodness of anything that wishes to be feared.
    at least among my neighbors. (once a year i spend a weekend with people who dress up like funny animals,
    and that's almost the only time i get to meet anyone i would consider sane)

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, I just prefer to time it a bit better. Also, in the case of your example: i maybe would go, but not join in on a lot of drugs anymore. I'm happiest on any party or fest with just beer and my weed :)

I can really relate to this (hence my time it comment)! If i can say quits at my preferred moment I'm in for much more.
    Three days while having to rest (crash) in a crappy tent... hm, it has to be a really fun festival. But it used to be my epitome of fun :grinning:

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

On the music festival thing

There are a lot more shittier drugs out there nowadays, meth, that synthetic cannibus stuff that turn men into even bigger wankers.

Ahhh, the good ole days when the drugs if choice where exctasy and hydro, and guys were more chill

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think part of the problem is I'm just not all that interested in drugs anymore. I know Molly is one of the more benign drugs out there and I've had fun with it in the past..but I'm still not particularly interested in it right now.

I don't really need anything to dance and enjoy music but I'm sure it definitely helps at a festival lol