too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by spikeman104, Jan 17, 2005.

1. spikeman104

spikeman104 Member

i just heard about a website getgiftsforfree.com that apparently gives away free stuff without making you sign up for a bunch of offers you need to buy this cell phone thingummy for $40 adn apparently you get some really expensive thing u pick out, this sounded way too good to be true so checked it out and this website REALLY looks like a scam to me. has anyone checked this out or know anything about it?

2. Shockw4ve

Shockw4ve Member

I very rarely trust sites like that. They may or may not be a scam. I would try googling for information about the site before you go any further and if you're not comfortable then I just wouldn't go for it. I would suggest going to http://www.freebielist.com I know that it is a legitimate trustworthy site that has links to various free offers as well as programs, scripts, images, and a lot of other things.