Tongue Piercings?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Chiana20, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Chiana20

Chiana20 Member

Ok, I wanna get a tongue piercing but I wanna know all the different experience everyone gone through.. How did it feel to get it? How long was it swollen for? Any infections? If so how did it get infected? Do you still have it? Any other advice you can give me? Thanks in advance.

2. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

When getting it: the clamp on the tongue hurt more then the actual peircing itself, and you have your tongue out for a pretty good period of time: it gets exhausting. The needle itself going through was probably only like a 5/10.

Swelling: Tongue felt like it took up my whole mouth, eating will be difficult, stay with smoothies and drinks or soups for a couple days, then move on to softer foods after that, and eventually you'll be fine. You can eat harder foods, it's just a task.

Infections: I still smoked pot and drank and such while it was healing, just be sure to rinse with salt water several times a day.

Don't play with it while it's healing, because the muscle around the hole are still a bit tender. And don't change it for at least 2 months. After that, go nuts, and eventually you won't even notice its there

3. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Thanks for the information I-foote. I have been thinking about getting a tongue piercing for a long time. You answered all of my questions. BTW, cool picture you were obviously feeling no pain.

4. Chiana20

Chiana20 Member

How long does it take to heal ad long did it taeke for you? btw Thank you for answering my questions. I also wanna know if can talk during the first few days?....I work alot in Customer Service, so I talk to alot of customers.

5. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

you can talk, but your tongue will probably fill your whole mouth, making the words sound muffled or lispy or something. 3-5 days (depends on the person) and your tongue should return back to a smaller sizee.
    for it to be fully healed, i don't quite remember, but you can probably change the barbell anywhere from 2-6months. if it doesn't hurt when you play with it and it's not tender anymore, then you should be ready to change it. but the balls will be a bitch to get off, usually the peircing place who does it will change it for you the first time, and maybe put in a smaller bar, because they put a longer than normal one in when peircing to allow the swelling to occur.
    i had my tongue peirced a couple years ago, and i'm getting it redone this summer because there is a bump on my tongue where the hole was. i changed it after 2 months and it was fine until mommy made me take it out 8 months later

6. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

I just got my tongue pierced two weeks ago, so here's the long version. Sorry, but this is my experience.

I could talk alright. I was talking to my parents on the phone and they couldn't tell (I got it done here at school). Mine was swollen for about five days and I ate applesauce and ice cream a lot. I was kind of lucky in an ironic was because I had ridiculously bad strep throat and wasn't hungry at all and kept throwing up a lot.

Stay away from hot foods. And I mean warm in temperature as well as spicy. Use mouthwash after everything you put in your mouth that isn't water, but water the mouthwash down a lot because the disinfectants in mouthwash can kill the good bacteria that helps your tongue heal faster.

Downside: No kissing or oral sex for two weeks. Once your tongue stops swelling the barbell is really too long and and sometimes you chew on it accidentally. Tip: Keep your tongue flat in your mouth and don't move it when you chew. It's hard at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

Hope this was helpful. Sorry it was so lengthy.

7. TehMeansThe

TehMeansThe Member

I had mine pierced for just over 2 1/2 years. then i took it out. I donno why. It was really fun tho and I'm considering getting another put in (it's been about 6 months and i kinda miss it) I kept all my barbells cause it seemed wierd to throw it out. it was like a friend to me after a while! I miss it!

get it, it's awesome

8. TehMeansThe

TehMeansThe Member

I had mine pierced for just over 2 1/2 years. then i took it out. I donno why. It was really fun tho and I'm considering getting another put in (it's been about 6 months and i kinda miss it) I kept all my barbells cause it seemed wierd to throw it out. it was like a friend to me after a while! I miss it!

get it, it's awesome

9. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

haha, i have all my old barbells too. i'm getting it repeirced this summer

10. drummer

drummer Member

it didnt hurt
    it was swollen for a few days..

11. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

I got my tongue pierced couple years ago and it didn't hurt when he did it but, boy it stung like a mofo afterward!!! I couldn't eat or talk or even eat ice cream..i was so miserable i took it out a couple days later...Ohh well!

12. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

ive heard it can eventually split apart your tougne, happened to a family member of mine, heard it was bad.

13. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

a buddy of mine had the tongue web done.
    now he has no tongue web.
    it's really gross and he has to be careful because it makes swallowing the tongue so much easier
    just fucking imagine not having a tongue web, ew.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

didnt hurt... swelled for about a day.. and it didnt even swell that badly... my one piece of advice... if you plan on stretching it.. go slow... 14g-8g is easy walk in the park.. but 14g-6g = tear and massive swelling.. i still have it and im at a 6g

15. blenderhead

blenderhead Member

its been said too many times, but it doesnt hurt really. i was dead nervous with it being my first piercing, but she said "relax" n in it went. i could feel the needle going through, but no actual pain...well, apart from a lil when she clamped it.
    so yeah. dont worry about the healing part, cos if you're gonna get it done, then there's no escape from it.
    good luck :)

16. hippiechick85

hippiechick85 Member

I have had mine done twice. My tounge has been peirced for almost 4 years. The clamp that they use to pull your toung out hurts the worse during the actual peircing. Afterwards your touge swells up and gets like a hot feeling so i started eating ice imediatly. After 3 days with it in the swelling had pretty much gone away except of a night it would swell a bit. I know they say dont change the bar for so long but after my sellign went down the bar was so long, so i put a plastic one in and how i did it was take the ball off the one in my tounge and the plastic one and i used the plasted bar to shove up in my tounge pushing the metel one out that way it wasnt just left with nothing there. After i got the plastic in all swelling went down and i never had any problems. I had to have a c-section with my daughter and I had to take it out and by the time i had a chance to put it back it was starting to grow back so i had it done again and this time i found a longer plastic bar and put it in right after i peirced it about 6 hours after actually. i think the metal irritated me or something but after i put the plastic in once again all swelling went away by that night. i did talk funny both time till swelling went down after that it was fine. i do suggest to keep your mouth washed out constanty. i have never had an infection or any problems with mine in the almost 4 years i have had it.

17. Hiplikethat

Hiplikethat Member

mine was pierced back in 2000
    i loved it then and i love it now

i took midol it made the swelling go down and kept the pain down as well

18. Luisa28

Luisa28 Member

I dont think it hurt much at all, but my tongue was also numbed with tasty pina colada stuff. and it was swollen for a couple days - maybe 3 before I felt comfortable eating solidish foods. And it's very important to not speak any differently - to not hold your tongue back or anything while you try to talk...