tongue Piercings & Singers

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by UrsusKind, Apr 22, 2005.

1. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

OK so you know pretty much where this is going already I bet but...

I'm a dad, a ministers kid, very private person, a teachers assistant/bus driver at a rather strict school and a part time singer. I however love skin art and other body mod. My favorite are septum, which I've want since 1989, ear spacers that I've wanted since my trip to africa in 1994 and tongue piercings.

The tongue and the septum I'm considering mostly because I'm told they are easy to hide with the smaller gauges.

Here is my question though is it hard for professional singers to adjust after a tongue piercing. I mean my voice slaps nice change in my pocket from time to time when I really want to work at whoring myself out at it.

Any first hand experiences would be helpful and what I was especially looking for.

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

+i am not sure how easy it is for the tongue...... you may have a few days of swelling. But i say go for the septum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dig them!
    !!

3. culture_revolution

culture_revolution Member

okay so i am a singer (in high school) so not professional, but i still have to do all of the warm ups and performances. i have both pericings that your talking about. You've voice will not change when you get your tongue peirced, but you will not be able to sing for a week or so, until the swelling goes down. so do not plan any performances right after you get your tonuge down. i have had it done for three months and have down 3 performances and am currently in a choir, so don't worry aobut it, it doesn't affect your voice.