'Tom Cruise Told Me to Talk to a Bottle'

Discussion in 'Scientology' started by ThePepsiSyndrome, Nov 4, 2009.

1. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

Nice Village Voice review of ex scientologist Mark Headley's new book.

Much more at link^^^

2. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

Oh be nice, this is exactly what this sub forum is for.

4. FireflyInTheDark

...It was a reaction to the lunacy of the article, not placement of the thread. Thanks for getting needlessly defensive, though. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Indicative of many human relations:fools and leaders of fools.

6. Xac

Xac Visitor

You haven't seen me defensive yet ;)

7. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

ooooooooh dear now THAT is wacky! I still can't get what you
    would get out of it 'cept a chance to show you would follow ANY
    order given by your leaders! dang!
    peace
    Delfynasa

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no offense to any real scientologists. i had a couple for neighbors once.
    but as for talking to bottles, i remember pissing in one.

9. FireflyInTheDark

Ooo baby. :wink:

10. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I honestly didn't know much about Scientology up until several months ago when I saw a youtube video of Tom Cruise basically going bonkers. I became fascinated with the subject and began to do some online research. Once I started this I was absolutely flabbergasted at what I was reading and seeing in videos. The farther I went the crazier it seemed to get, especially the stories told by people who had left the "church". I can see maybe 2-3 people speaking out could possibly just be disgruntled people with some sort of agenda against Scientology, but the same basic stories of abuse within the church and subsequent harassment upon leaving are popping up all over the place as more and more ex-Scientologists come forward. Their top celebrity PR guy, Tom Cruise, has ironically brought a ton of negative attention to them. As for Miscavige, he would fit nicely in a villainous role in a grade B horror movie. It's still kind of hard for me to believe that people would allow themselves to be suckered into this, but 2 youtube videos shed some light on this. One is an interview of Jason Beghe, and the other was made by an actor named Steven Mango. I enjoyed the Beghe interview the most, because it was not only informative, but actually pretty entertaining. He's a well-spoken, very charismatic sort of guy. However, the Steven Mango video I feel gives you a better idea of the experiences of a new member and the techniques used to suck them in. These videos are lengthy, at roughly 2 hrs each, but definitely worth watching. I believe the internet will eventually be the end of them.

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

When Leah Remini pulled out of this cult all kinds of crap was said about her (by the cult members) and she was (as the Amish practice) shunned.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Friend of mine went to their place in Oregon. They kicked her down the road for continuing to do peoples numerology. That was in the 70s and I KNOW she was too much of a hippy type to conform.

I don't know why the IRS has no balls when it comes to these rip-off bastards. Or any other cult, for that matter.

13. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I just saw the HBO documentary "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief". The word is spreading fast on these kooks, and it can't be doing their recruiting efforts any good. Their classification as a religion is obviously a ploy to save money, and it was gained basically by filing over a thousand lawsuits against the IRS and conducting surveillance on individual IRS employees and using their findings against them. So the IRS finally caved. These people behave more like the mob than a "religion". Holding people captive, mentally and physically abusing them, recording and keeping records of their auditing sessions (confession), using that information to control them, and when they leave the "church", following them wherever they go, keeping them under surveillance and harassing them for years. This has to stop. I was kind of ambivalent about this group Anonymous, but I really hope they can do some good here. By the the way, I was able to contact Jason Beghe on fb and now have him on my friends list. [​IMG]