Told my parents I smoked.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by sHIP of fools, Apr 28, 2007.

1. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Okay today my mom said "you have all the attributes of a pothead...you''re lazy, your grades have plummitted etc" and my brother (twin) basically responded by saying "That's cause we are potheads". My dad basically acted like nothing happened and tried to change the subject, but my mom said "im disappointed in you and i lost trust etc." I think they're pretty mad/upset...what should i say/do if they come up to me later to talk about it?

Note- i aint gettin punished or anything, theyre basically just guilt trippin' me

2. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

telling your parents you smoke pot and telling them you are potheads IS totally different.

show them you can still make something of yourself, regardless of pot use, attend school, bring your marks up, help out around the house, shit I dunno.

3. You're lucky you have a twin with you in this. I don't know what to tell you really, but if your mom's right and you are lazy and your grades are plummitting, maybe you should lay off the pot a little? It sounds like your parents have the right to be upset in this case, and there's not really much you can say. I recommend you get your grades up, be productive, and show them that pot isn't the evil that people make it out to be. If you're unable to do this, then don't expect your parents to lighten up, they should be ticked, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made you stop. If I saw my kid going downhill because of pot I'd probably try to put an end to it.

4. Make a good example of pot users everywhere by bringing those grades up, finding out what you want, and going out and doing it. I'm often a victim of laziness myself, and I think it's often an issue of confidence but the more you accomplish, the more confidence you'll gain in yourself and the less lazy you'll be. You need to take the initial step of going out there and getting active today!

5. masked toker

masked toker Member

omg you have a twin?

6. chocho

chocho Member

lol, "i'm a pothead mom". If you're parents are upset then prove them wrong, show them that being a pothead doesn't mean that you have to be bad at school. I'm a pothead (i smoke everyday) and i don't get A's but i don't get C's (ok, i got one C+) the rest are all B's. Do better in school, and your parents wont be that disappointed anymore.

7. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

wow great advice. Im deff. gonna work harder and try to prove to them that im not lazy. And masked toker- yeah i have an identical twin bro.

8. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

You have no reason to feel guilty.

Get some REAL info on marijuana, and its so-called "dangers" and give it to your mom.

It doesnt cause lung cancer, impossible to OD, medical benefits, etc. Anyone, who is willing to take the time to sit down and take an honest, unbiased look at the debate, will realize marijuana has been illegalized for bullshit reasons, and the general public has been fed lie after disproven lie time and time again.

If your mom is not willing to look at the truth, then I dont know what to tell you. Tell her you dont blindly follow authority- without taking an honest, unbiased look at the isssue for yourself.

I believe many people just hear the classic "marijuana is bad" theory, and accept that. When you show most people the other side of the argument- they know whos really spreading the bullshit.

Obviously you dont want to be doing shitty in school. If you're failing classes because all you want to do is get high- well, you shouldnt be smoking pot anyways. You highschool/college career is MUCH more important than getting stoned- if you havent yet realized this, your mom is right, you need to stop.

9. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

thanks man, great advice, may the four winds blow you safely home! haha

10. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

yeah, dude: understand moderation and you're golden.

11. obviously if marijuana is affecting your everyday life, then quit or cut down, but if you bring your grades up then they will have no reason to guilt trip you.