Tobacco?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by pillhead2, Feb 22, 2010.

1. pillhead2

pillhead2 Member

I am trying to make a poll of the subject on Tobacco and Hip Forum persons tendency's to use or not use tobacco but am not sure how to make a poll.

Please answer with your addictions to tobacco or not. Smoker or non smoker and what do you tobacco smoke or not smoke?

2. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I am an occasional user, never been addicted. My favorite way is to get dried tobacco leaf, and put it in your bong with some chronic weed and take a fat hit. Feels amazing.

3. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

None of these options apply for me.

4. pillhead2

pillhead2 Member

That is ok you made your point in your first reply, you smoke it in your bong.

5. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I would still smoke but it makes me sick.

6. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

i smoke around 3-5 cigarettes a day... unless i go to the bar, and even then i don't smoke too much. i roll my own smokes, and my tobacco is supposedly additive free, so i feel like i'm getting the tobacco and not the countless little tweaks RJ and phillip morris like to throw in. honestly, i wouldn't mind growing my own tobacco, except (from what i've researched/heard) it is very much labor intensive. might do it anyway... it's not like i have a job :p

7. zodiacflower

zodiacflower Member

rollies and an occasional pack of mb reds for me.

8. Tinkertiger

Tinkertiger Member

i seem to smoke too many.
    wonder how many i've smoked in my lifetime?

9. longhaircountryboy

longhaircountryboy Banned

I almost always have a cigarette in hand.before rolling my own,I was up to about 4 packs a day.dunno how many now,don't bother to count.also like a pipe or cigar in the evenings,especially when it's warm,so I can chill on the deck & not smoke up the house.Like a chew if I'm working outside,dip or looseleaf,don't matter.& snus is good for sneakin in church lol

10. GeraniumPollen

GeraniumPollen Member

I don't smoke but I would like to try it at some point to see what it's like.

11. pillhead2

pillhead2 Member

oh, trust me you are not missing out on anything...I smoke now for 27 years and I cough and never have any money for things I would like it is like an addiction, the best way to quit smoking is to never start. I was 15 and back then it was cool and hip, but now at 37yo it is just a nasty addiction with a bad stigma, trust me you just don't want to even try it.

12. Mixed-Peppers

Mixed-Peppers Member

The results of this poll...is a surprise...*no offence*...

13. OneChordWonders

OneChordWonders Member

pack a day.

14. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Good lord man! How do you do it?

I don't mean to criticize at all. I know how addictive those little bastards can be. But I just don't understand how it's physically possible? On the few occasions that i managed to smoke an entire pack in a day I usually got some kind of bad cough or respiratory infection. I guess its a lucky thing in a way because at my worst I was smoking about 3/4 of a pack every day, which is probably why I was able to quit without too much trouble after about six years of smoking.

15. prescious

prescious Member

What an interesting thread. I am a smoker and so wish I wasn't. Geranium PLEASE never try it as that is how the addiction begins. Longhair I am stunned about the 4 packs also as I just don't know how that is even possible?? Smoking is a sick and horrid thing and once I can get my life under some control I plan on quitting. No doubt it is far to late for me as I have smoked for many years now and I am sure my lungs are cancer stricken but I do still plan on quitting. I wish cigs were never invented then none of us would be smokers,

On another note though, I do think us smokers get a damn dirty wrap and have no rights. Here in Canada at any rate. No offense to any no smokers but it would be nice to have a few more smoking sections for those of us that do smoke.
    Cheers all.

16. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

i have cigs but very occasionally smoke one when chillin in my backyard.

17. Tinkertiger

Tinkertiger Member

agree with the previous posters here geranium, myself have been smoking for far too long.
    it wasn't considered dangerous or addictive in my day when i started, but it's addictive more so than anything else in my opinion, and so very hard to stop.
    been trying for years now, no success, but i'll never give up trying to give up.
    there are far better uses and pleasures for you to spend your money on.
    if i'd have known then what i know now, i'd be quite a rich lady in pocket and in health. :)

18. GeraniumPollen

GeraniumPollen Member

yeah I see what youŕe saying. addiction puts me off big time. Maybe if I live until 163 I´ll try it. :p

Good luck kicking it everyone!

19. Cool Side of the Pillow

Cool Side of the Pillow Member

OK, I know nobody's going to make a poll option that fits my case!

Ideally, I smoke a big, semi-expensive ($5 - $10), quality cigar once in a while, when I have the opportunity to relax for about an hour, and really enjoy it. I love them!

The problem is, my beloved wife passed away about a year ago, after a life-long struggle with a couple of painful chronic illnesses. I'm glad that her suffering is over, but the end of her suffering marked the beginning of mine. I'm still broken-hearted and lost, but slowly getting better.

Tobacco saved my life. I am 100% serious. On the day that she died, I very strongly considered joining her. Sometimes it's still hard to just face another day without her, but the one thing that seems to make it feel "OK" is smoking. Instead of the big cigars that I would puff on and not inhale, on a daily basis I've been smoking little cigarillos (and not the cheap ones), that are smooth enough to inhale, but still about four times stronger than a cigarette. They've gotten me through the last year, but I have no illusions of how bad they are for me in the long run.

So I resolved that one year of this was enough. I know she wanted me to go on without her, and I'm sure she didn't want me to smoke myself to death. After I made it through the anniversary, I smoked up everything in the house, and then went on "the patch." (I'm on Day #4 today.)

But my goal isn't to quit and become a complete non-smoker. My goal is to break the daily addiction for a few months, and then, get back to just smoking a "real" cigar once in a while, and truly enjoying them.

There. Try and make a poll option for that! :D

20. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

I smoke Backwoods Sweet Aromatics. Smoked Camels (the real ones...non-filter) for 30 years before my heart attack.

I know...why the fuck am I smoking???? Because I don't give a shit and frankly the withdrawal would probably kill me before puffing on a cigar would.

Zen