To meet a girl

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Bassplayerjojo, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

I want to explore a relationship with a girl, but I have no idea about how to go about it...how to meet a girl and be able to say "Hey I think you're a happenin mama and I'd like to get to know you better" without screwing it all up. Maybe there are gay singles dances...I dunno. I'm clueless.

2. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i seem to have the same type of problems.

3. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Who tha fuck doesn' ya know? I'm surrounded by totally hot chicks, but I'm totally tactless, an I don't know how to initiate a proposition, ya know?

4. gertie

gertie Senior Member

why does it sem so hard for a chick to meet a decent chick to hook up with?

5. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Would it be safe to assume though that it is easier for someone to "pick up" someone of the opposite sex?

And in either case you still have to figure out where both of you stand as far as if you're looking for: definately a friend, a potention long term relationship, just a little curiosity about being with someone of the opposite sex, etc.

6. In The Moment

In The Moment Member

Well, you missed Pride month in June. There were certainly lots of pride events during that time. If you are a bar person, go to a bar...lots of singles there. If you are a religious person, check out a MCC or Unity Church. If you are civic/political minded, check out volunteering at local queer charities. If a girl is hanging out where other grrls are, it's inevitable you will eventually meet someone. I actually met my partner online, crazy I know, I'd have never thought of something like that...but it did happen. We've been together now for over 6 years and are still happy.

Peace to you on your journey...and let me tell you man. Chicks ROCK your world, so be prepared to journey into an area you will never want to return from.

7. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

In The Moment's advice was good.

Youth Pride organizations are good places to meet girls, for example.

But what the fuck do I know? The two girls I've dated have been these obsessive, long-term, super-closeted things within my own school (met in sports or whatever). So I might not be the best high-schooler to ask about healthy relationships with girls early on...

8. PeachesScreams

PeachesScreams Member

Well I have had very limited experience, but being at a pride parade here is what opened up one opportunity when a girl I had met before and I ran into each other, a few weeks later our conversation started with her asking openly about my sexuality. Before seeing her I wouldn't have asked her.

9. OniVoorhees

OniVoorhees Member

i have gone to all of those above mentained places and met no women! he hee! but that is just me. i just can not get into that sort of stuff. most of women i have hooked up with i just met radomly like wherever u would normally go. i had the worst luck with online women and in bars so i can not endorse those. he hee. when i was younger it was so easy to met women, even though i was not in school (i went to home school at 15 and did correspodance collage so i never did the met classmates kind of thing), but now that i have gotten to be the ripe old age of almost 25;) i can not seem to hook up with women in my own age. for some reason all the women that hit on me r over 35yo and although they may be very beautiful, i just dont really know if i can have a relationship with someone near my moms age. most women that hit on me r like 40yo, my mom is only 46 so it is like kinda odd for me. when i do talk to women my own age ie 18-34 they treat me like crap.

so i dont know what to say to u ! when i figure things out i will let u know! he hee!:p