To drop or not to drop?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by jean_genie, May 25, 2006.

1. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

ive been contemplating doing acid for about a year now, as its a big deal to me, i know pretty much all you can know without actually having taken it, and ive had lots of fun with weed.. and very trippy experiences with brownies, but i dont know if im ready to handle acid yet? I keep telling myself.. if my parents could handle it then ive got a shot at handling it well and having a damn good time :p

(Generally im a happy person, content with who i am and all)

Any advice?

2. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

To drop or not to drop? That is the question.

I'd say if your not ready for it in a sense that you think you'll have a bad trip, then i've got this interesting philosiphy for you.

If you walk into a room(the acid), and a man says you can either leave that room with a million dollors only if you are not afraid of him though, or on fire if you are scared. I'd say if your the type of person to actually let yourself be afraid in this situation, you might want to think twice about acid because then it could send you into a bad trip.

3. jean_genie

im gonna do it.. its just a matter of finding the right person to do it with and actually finding a reliable source.. damn the UK

4. redpoppy

redpoppy Member

I would just like to give you both major kudos for this mini thread.

Dont know if the scenario mentioned by Desert Nightmare is accurate in gaging whether or not you should take the stuff. But its a damn good scenario!

I would think if you are happy in yourself etc. and love experiencing life and drugs, then i would imagine you shoudl go for it. However it always has to be your choice!

A few things to remember:

Be with people you like and know well.

Never be with someone who is likely to take LSD with you and Then have a weird bad experience. I know such individual who is always likely to border on the bad trip side of things. Its a pain to be stuck looking after such individuals. Not if its once or twice but when its ALL THE TIME!!!! :eek:

Although people have safely and happily done LSD for the first time in public places, its recommended that first time users dont and if they REALLY want to, that they have a safe get out clause into a nice large open happy place. However, you may crave home so try and make sure you know where you can and can't go. Although you may be able to maintain composure, a fit of the giggles could hit you at any time! rolling about on the floor in, say, a shopping centre will get you noticed. Also, since you MAY feel like you dont have control over what you look like (as in you might now know how normal you look) you may get paranoid and start acting fishy, and you'll know you're acting fishy, and that will make it worse. Although there is teh possibility that you may be acting completely normal. However, its one of those things you'll never find out. ;)

Oh, and be aware that you will feel like you lose control, you will feel like you see mad things and mad colours and you may feel like staring at any mad looking people that look crazy and weird. GO with it! know you'll be okay!

Try and be with others who are tripping too.

Music you know can be AMAZING!

Know that it may last up to 12 hours and will most probably last a good 8. SO if thats too much, know it will end soon and time can distort but its a fragment in your life. Also know if its not long enough that you MUST come down and not to worry as you very probably have LOADS more life in you yet! (to do more if you so wish)

And KUDOS to you for your quote form Fear and Loathing (a great book!) but if you've seen the film (somthing I'm sure you'll enjoy a BILLION times more after dropping, if you choose to drop) the way they're acting is kinda how you feel you are acting. Its a very good film. And obviously an excellent book. I have been lucky enough to go to Vegas MANY times. But never with a red shark and a trunkload of mind altering substances!

Lastly, i would like to add that you should remember, (if you choose to drop) that its YOUR head always, everything you will experience will be born of yoru head, even when it doesn't feel like it. So (as regular users will tell you) you can gain control in many way. It can get interesting. it can be beautiful. Should anxiety approach you, its in YOUR head, and yu have control over it, ride it through and get rid of it if you can (if you can in life then you probably can on the trip) be aware that the substance can enhance any and ALL feelings good and bad.

PLEASE tell us if you do and what happened!

Oh and good luck finding some in the drought in the UK! Lets pray that this drought ends and we are replenished with good quality and beautiful substance!
    :p

5. jean_genie

lol thanks for that, twas groovy info. should be dropping with a mate of mine.. but we'll have to see about that :p

hah and yeah fear and loathing is awesome.. but thats just obvious ;D

6. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Look
    for a while at the China
    Cat Sunflower proud
    walking jingle in the mid
    night sun
    Copper
    domed bodhi drip a silver
    kimono like a crazy
    quilt-stargown through a dream
    night wind

7. jean_genie

Krazy Kat peeking through a lace bandana,
    like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eye Jack
    A leaf of all colors plays a golden string fiddle
    to a double-e waterfall over my back

:p

8. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

It is now obvious to me that you'll be fine

9. jean_genie

woo! lol ;D

10. OstrOsized

OstrOsized Member

I agree with what everyone has said about it.

A quote from the wise Jim Morrison that I kept in my head during my acid trip was "Ride the snake"...It was an awesome trip :).

11. jean_genie

hah aceness ;D i cant wait its gonna be awesome

12. desert nightmare

I'd advise you to take only one hit the first timke. You never know the strenght of the substance, nore your mind. So be careful!

13. jean_genie

yeah definately only 1 hit, dont want to be toooo overwhelmed ;P

14. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

yah go for it its groovy

you are cute also, not thats it has something to do with it

15. jean_genie

16. _chad_

_chad_ Member

do it.. you'll be fine
    My first time was in school. ( not recommended !!!!) Me and some friends dropped right before school. I was only 15. That really wasnt so enjoyable. I still remember being called on to read a math problem out loud and I couldnt ,lol. The teacher thought I was being a smart ass when I told her i couldnt and she just kept telling me to read it and I just kept telling her I couldnt. I seriously couldnt read it. numbers were bouncing all over the place. Then I look over to my friend who was tripping too and he was laughing his ass off so i started laughing.. Then she sent me to the principals office...ugh
    Since then, I have done it many times and have enjoyed it very much
    Just make sure you are in a good environment and you'll be fine.
    Have fun and enjoy your trip

17. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

hahaha chad thats a mad story, im sure that whole day wouldve been pretty interesting and funny.

and yes, drop.

18. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

Oh neat story... Can you tell another one about you droping acid at school?

19. jean_genie

yeah, man i wouldve been in way over my head if i dropped at school lol, i cant even handle being stoned at school.. everyone always looks at me ;( or at least i think they do anyway lol ;D

20. desert nightmare

I know exactly what you mean. I got stone the other day and went to school and i was so nervous because i thought people were watching me that i started twiching, but that could have been the adderall doing that. I'm never doing that again. I'm exspecially never taking acid and going to school!