to do them or not to do them. a little help from my friends

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by JamminJim, Jan 19, 2005.

1. JamminJim

JamminJim Member

i was trhinkin about tryin mushies this weekend but ive been reading up about them and have found alot of sources say not to take them when you are under 18. I myslef am 16 so i dunno if i should try em or not. can you please give me some advice on weather to take em or not and maybe some advice for first time using. alright you guys thanks alot! peace my friends

2. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I did mushrooms when I was 16. You just need to be mentally ready. If you are together as a person and aren't in the middle of any serious emotional problems, then I'd say go for it. But be absolutely sure that you want to when you do it. No second thoughts.

I think 16 is the age that people could consider using psychedelics (that includes marijuana). Personally, I would advise against drugs for someone younger than 16, for various reasons.

3. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

yea, as the previous poster said, it really doesnt matter what age you are. you just need to be mentally stable. no unconscious conflicts or anything. i think the best thing to do is to take them anyway, and if you werent ready for em, well you certainly learned a lesson didnt ya!

4. MoonIsBright

MoonIsBright Member

Do them, just do them in a relaxed, well known environment with people you know and like. It will be a great experience. But nothing bad should happen. You wont need to take very much. Around 2 grams should be good. Happy Trippin.

Peace&Love

5. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Agreed, 1.75 - 2 grams is a good dose for an inexperienced user, depending on the potency. Always start low.

6. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

ahem.:&

7. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

do an eighth. You'll be good.

8. Weatherman

Weatherman Member

Worst case scenario you have a bad time. You can't die. You won't go insane. And you'll have all kinds of interesting philosophical dillemas to last you a few months. Plus bitchin lucid dreams for the next week er so. I personally can't get enough of em, even when I have a kinda shiesty trip, I'm still compelled to do it again the following weekend. Somehow I manage to have some constraint though. A little.

9. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

Age is just a concept, man. Do them but treat them with repect. If you have the right set and setting, you are sure to have a fantastic voyage! Enjoy!

10. juggla

juggla Member

you wont die and a bad trip isnt the end of the world

11. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

dude dont worry about it.. i did em.. just make sure you arei na good setting, and you are having any real problems in your life.. and make sure you like the people you are trippin with! peace good luck PM me if you've got any questions!

12. Lily_of_the_Valley

Lily_of_the_Valley Member

Yeah, I pretty much agree with the previous posts. I had my first experience with shrooms 2 days ago, and I'm 21. Choose your variety wisely: look for a type that's recommended for first timers, or that will produce giggly results. We did fresh Mexican mushrooms and they were fantastic.

The right setting and people are crucial. Do it with people you know and trust, and who as far as you know are (relatively) emotionally stable. With the right people, you might end up having the most amazing discussions of your life...well at least they will seem so at the time. Make sure that the surroundings are comfortable and have 'good vibes'.

It's good that you're doing research. You never know what kind of emotions are going to surface when you're tripping though, so if you have any unresolved emotional issues, or if you are prone to depression, I'd advise against it until you have dealt with these things.

Good luck, my friend.

13. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I did em at 14, and many times, I was ok. Just do an eighth, and dont do more again for another couple weeks, trust me do em everyday and it aint gonna be very good for ya.