Tired of watching the same old film.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by wilsjane, Nov 29, 2017.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What is the maximum number of times that you have watched the same film at the cinema.?
    My record is about 800 for each of 2 films.
    A friend of mine watched one film 2,600 times.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I sat through Aliens (1986) 4 times. The movie was rated R so I had to have adult supervision but since everyone wanted to see it, that wasn’t a problem

I’ve gone to dozens of movies twice but only because a friend wanted to go, otherwise If the movie is really good I’ll just go out and buy the DVD and watch it as often as I please.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You watched them 800 times at the cinema?

At home on VHS, DVD or computer I'd maybe believe you, although 800 seems a bit far fetched

Every time at the cinema, no way

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

THIS. All of this

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

shawshank....goodfellas and the good bad the ugly

has to be those three in no particular order....no idea how many times ....just cant seem to bypass them when they are on tv

tumbling.dice likes this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

^^^ Best shootout ever!!

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

that whole cemetery was built just for the film

8. wilsjane

Ha ha. I wondered if anyone would catch on that I was the projection engineer showing the films in a major London theater. Until about 1990, every second of every performance was watched, mainly because the light was coming from a carbon arclamp
    Ha ha, I wondered if anyone would catch on. I spent 26 years as the chief engineer at major London theaters, 17 of them on one site. Until about 1990, the person responsible for the performance watched every second of the film doth to keep the arc lamp carbons in trim and correct any blemishes prior to the next showing. My 800s were Ken Russel's "Music Lovers" and Walt Disney's "Fantasia". The record of 2,600 was held by one of the projectionists at the Dominion Theater during the 6 year, 4,500 performances of "The Sound of Music"
    This was my home for 17 years. LOL images38RI8Y9L.jpg

9. wilsjane

I only watched Goodfellas about 100 times when I opened it at my newly designed theater. LOL

Attached Files:

10. wilsjane

I only watched goodfellas about 100 times when I opened at my new theater in Richmond. Curzon cinemas 4.jpg

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi, i love Sound of Music, but 2600 times? Jeezus

wilsjane likes this.
  12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ahhh, that explains it! You definitely got me on that.

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I went to the theatre to see this movie 6 times (then numerous times after I bought the dvd), only because I wanted to see one particular character, over and over again: Darth Maul-Star Wars 1- Phantom Menace

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never seen a movie more than once in theatres

I've seen Forrest Gump and Dazed and Confused both around 20 times at home. And City of God quite a few times because I've introduced a lot of people to that movie and always have to watch it with them. But other than those 3 I dont generally watch movies more than 1 or 2 times

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I've seen LOTR (1st movie) a lot of times.
    Just once in cinema though.

Apart from that, I watch It's a Wonderful Life every year, at Christmas.

Some other movies I'll watch again if I like them and they happen to be on.
    Like for example, yesterday I saw Goodbye Lenin...and I've watched it a couple of times already.
    But it was on and I really liked it, so I watched it again.

There's also a few books that I re-read every now and then.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think I've seen the same movie more than twice at the cinema but at the moment I like retro Fridays at the movies watching movies I've seen 10 times at the movies for the first time. Like last week it was Predator. And before that it was Alien and Neverending Story. All I need now is Terminator and I'll be happy. That be like the big 3.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've never seen a movie in the theater more than once. at home there's a bunch of repeats. i watched a lot of tv when i lived with my parents, so some movies were repeated there. and now i generally just keep comedy central on for background noise when i'm at home so i listen to the same movies over and over.

18. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I was too young to see it at the movies back then, but I've seen Rambo: First Blood part II something close to a 100 times, VHS, DVD and TV viewings all combined. Gotta love that 80's politically incorrect mayhem.