Tips for realistic smoking for a non-smoker

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bettbm6, May 6, 2007.

1. bettbm6

bettbm6 Visitor

2. DeliPro

DeliPro Member

If you have a glass bowl, hold your thumb on the small hole near the the end. This is called a carb. Light the material and kind of tap the carb while inhaling.

For a bong with a slide, you light the bowl and inhale for a few seconds, then pull the bowl out and the smoke will go into your lungs.

Hold a joint with your thumb and index finger on the tip.

I reccamend watching some stoner movies that depict the characters smoking. Grandma's Boy is good, Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke, and many others. Or even better yet, try waytoomany.com for videos of people smoking weed, or youtube.com.

3. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

[​IMG]

That's me smoking a joint. That is as real of a picture as you can possibly get. If you think I look good then take notes on watever you want. I find most people squint thier eyes about as shut as mine are when "ripping" a hit.

I use my index and middle finger when the joint is large enough, when I get down to a "roach" (very small end of a joint or blunt with marijuana still in it) I switch to the index and thumb method.

A minor detail you could look for if you're trying to impress someone when "smoking"a bowl. After its been "cashed" (all the marijuana is burnt and you are left with ash) you turn it upside down when you hand it off. We stoners get exited to see a bowl coming our way if we think we can hit it. When we see that the bowl is upside down and someone is handing it to us we know not to give our hopes up.

Also notice not all stoners fit the steriotypical rasta look. I play sports and you could put me into the Jock clan. There is a large following of stoners that look/speak/think rasta but there are millions that could pass for an average teen look.

4. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

My adivce is get a glass bowl, pack up some real mary jane. Then you'll play the part perfectly.

5. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

Jake made a good post as well.

6. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

look up videos on youtube like "smoking pot" or "bong hits"...that's your best bet.

7. bettbm6

bettbm6 Visitor

8. DeliPro

DeliPro Member

Oh yea, something that all my friends do without fail, is to have a really serious look on their face when smoking a bowl, no matter how high they are. And look really focused. Like jimaug.

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

The only way to really know how a pothead smokes is to become a pothead, yourself, at least for a time, unless you wish to continue smoking..........as I'm sure you will.

This is how most potheads smoke a joint; ie with two fingers of your choosing:
    [​IMG]

This pic portrays(quite obviously) the force at which one needs to hit a joint/blunt/whatever. Hit it as hard as you can and inhale straight into your lungs and don't even worry about holding the smoke in your mouth before inhalation, as most people do with cigarettes. Though, if you want to show the smoke actually being inhaled, for theatrical purposes, pull the smoke into your mouth, open you mouth and let some of the smoke escape, then quickly inhale the smoke as it exits your mouth and before it gets away from you:
    [​IMG]

You could also learn the french inhale, which is where you let the smoke exit your mouth before inhalation, and inhale it through your nose, as portrayed in this pic:
    [​IMG]

10. TopNotchStoner

As for pipes or bongs.....just inhale with all of your might until you feel like coughing, but try to hold off on actually coughing until you exhale, so as to get as much THC from the smoke as possible....this goes for any method of smoking, of course. Also, you MUST hold the smoke in for at least a few seconds, or you will be wasting some THC.

11. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

^ dude i dont know how hard she'll be rippin bongs as a beginner

12. TopNotchStoner

He/she/whatever asked for realism. If a non'smoker wants to pass as a smoker on-screen, they gotta hit that shit like their life depends on it......as we do:spliff:

13. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

ya generally do not watch movies and clips to find out how to smoke... they all suck balls. you gotta hit the pipe or joint yourself, and it depends on a few factors. mostly it has to do with efficiency and to some extent style. you gotta pack your bowl right, push it down just a little, light the side of it (not too much! - lots of novice smokers light bowls waaay too much and it equals them coughing a lot), pull nice and hard. especially if you are hitting a bong, pull hard. joints can be more relaxed, like a cigarette but definetly more substantial draws. also, hold it for at least a few seconds (around 5-7) - that always gives people away in movies (like bryan in half-baked). make SURE you inhale - take a second little sharp breath after youve already finished your hit, just to force the smoke down. thats convincing.

14. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

im confused. are you asking this just for the part or are you planning on doing this off stage? or both? either way i wanna see you do this play =P

try to get it on video.

15. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

16. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

Whatever you do:
    1.) dont look stressed as youre tokin' up.
    2.) dont look like a stupid stoner with his eyes crossed taking a hit
    3.) Look chill, as though what youre doing is not a big deal
    4.) dont puff your chest out all dramatically as you inhale

especially if you hanvet smoked before, andy ou wanna look like a "natural" just dont take too big of hits from the bong for example, cuz otherwise youll wind up scrunching your eyes and couhging all the smoke out and wind up looking lkike it is way too intense for you

and for with a joint, just pretend its a cigarette when smoking it (as in, hold it like one, same posture smoking it, etc.)

this is a funny thread...haha

17. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

What will you be using on stage to smoke? I assume because you're going through all of this research that you will actually inhale some type of smoke onstage.

Where are you from/ where is this play being performed? If it's around the MA/CT/RI area I might have to see it.

18. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

lol thats the best part

19. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Humm well if your playing a pot head and have ntohgin against weed.... smoek before you act and be your self.

20. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

nice one. you're obviously going to play 'high' perfectly if you relly are baked.