Tips for getting prescribed neurontin (gabapentin)?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by deathofseasons, Apr 15, 2013.

1. deathofseasons

deathofseasons Member

I am going tomorrow to get prescribed suboxone for opiate dependence and I would really like to be prescribed to neurontin for anxiety and.panic attacks, my sister who is also on suboxone is prescribed this for the same thing and it helps me.a lot when I am able to take it as I never leave the house and stopped talking to all my old friends.so I could be left alone to read, play vidya, watch movies/anime and get high because anxiety makes being around others not worth it, but I can on this.
    Since.it is non narcotic and.not addictive would explaining my knowledge of.it and requesting it hurt my chances? Any advice on what to say.or not because it's important I get this drug if I am ever to stop being a loser and get a job and go to college at 23.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It probably depends on the doctor as to whether or not you come off as drug seeking.

3. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I have it prescribed for neuropathy. I've heard that it's been used for other conditions such as seizure disorders, as well as anxiety/panic attacks. Just tell the doctor what you're going through, and that Gabapentin (Neurontin) has worked for you in the past. Another one which is probably even better is Lyrica (Pregabalin). And Neurontin also works very well for opiate withdrawals. Since it's not a controlled substance, I don't see why the doctor wouldn't prescribe it for you. Good luck.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Lyrica is damn expensive though...

5. deathofseasons

deathofseasons Member

They gave me wellbutrin,almost buspar but fuck that nasty shit, anyone have any experience with this? I go back in 2 weeks so im going to try again if this sucks, I didnt want to come.off too drug seeking at first.