Tipping the mover

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by cutelildeadbear, Aug 24, 2006.

1. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

hey guys, are you supposed to tip someone who delivers your furniture? we just bought a new couch and it is being delivered on saturday and i'm not sure if we are supposed to give the guy a tip. i mean i would imagine so if they are going to schlep the thing into our house for us, then again that is their job. if we should tip how much? the couch was like $600 but it isn't huge or anything.

any thoughts?

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've no idea... I've never had just one peice of furniture shipped to my house... I've tipped movers who've helped me move an entire truckload, but it was a pretty easy tip - we bought them a pizza dinner and a case of beer each....

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I didnt tip the guys that brought my bed and living room stuff, and I later got a call from the store asking if my service had been bad in some way....I guess it was expected. The guys that delivered my washer and dryer didnt hough. I think the difference was that I ppaid for delivery and installation for the w/d, but the furniture was delivered for free. I dunno though.

4. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

ehhh, well, they were over 2 hours late, and they didn't call us, we had to call them to figure out what was going on so we weren't wasting our day waiting for a couch that wasn't coming. Their truck broke down so I guess it wasn't there fault. Jer gave them each $5.00, which isn't a whole hell of a lot really if you think about it. But Jer is very cheap. I'm a big tipper. LOL.

5. campfirejam

campfirejam Something-Something

:) i don't think your suppose to tip them, especially if there is two movers, that would just be aukward. but now that i think of it, i did tip the guys who moved my furniture and they responded like it was pretty common.

dannayelli