Timer question? This is wierd.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by WeeDMaN, Aug 16, 2005.

1. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Ok, so I coulda sworn last night or the night before that the light turned off at 9:03 pm, the next morning 9:06 am it turned on, and tonite it turned off at 9:17 pm. wth is going on? is this still the exact 12/12 rotation or is it fuckin around on me? Should I be concerned about this?

2. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

What type of timer ya using.That sounds pretty bizarre.I have seen the dial type timers lose a minute or 2 over a period of time but not in a matter of days.

3. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I dunno, I think it might jus be my head , but I could swore it was different before, Ill wait a few days n see what happens to the time,, I think its from 9:03 + 9:03=9:06 or sumthin like that. Ill figure it out.

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i actually think that george bush is changing the law about daylight savings ... . maybe this is a wierd trickle down effect?
    anyway, my theory is that as long as each night cycle lasts at least 12 hours, then you shouldnt have a problem. it would be interesting if one had the freedom and time to experiment with non-24 hour days and see what you could do. say a 26 hour day with a 12 hour night, or a 22 hour day with a 12 hour night, would one ripen quicker while one budded bigger? i wonder if anyone has the resources to experiment?

5. tiedye420

tiedye420 Member

Power outtages happen here a lot, I always reset to the hour, by a battery operated clock. 6:00 on the dot is easier to remember than 6;09.
    If i were you id reset to 9, 0n the dot..
    then if you have trouble, you'll know how far you are off.

6. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

ya the timers a peice it is fuckin around with me so I got rid of it. I mean, its asking me for 3 numbers, like wtf is the third one for, and then I set it at 9 on the dot, the next day the light hadnt turned on, I waited a minute late, still didnt work, so I got rid of it. now I need to buy another one.