Timeless music

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by SonicYouthFan, Mar 19, 2008.

1. SonicYouthFan

SonicYouthFan Member

There is really only a fixed amount of bands or artist who were or are creating music that is truely timeless and stands up over years and years.... its even more rare to find an artist who is not just as timeless but also fairly easy to digest. The Talking Heads were both innovative and were capable of making top ten hits which i think is what makes them so impressive. Brain Eno can be very accesible while being incredibly radically experimental all at once. The German Krautrock scene had some incredibly revolutionary music that blows my mind that music like was even being thought of in the early to mid 70's but at the same time it was often very challenging to get into... especially for the average listener. So i guess this thread is just an ode to those outside of the box approaching artist who have gave us so much joy throughout the last 30 to 40 years. They gave us a whole new way to think and percieve art, music, and life in general. No longer do you have to stand in line like everyone else you can go against the grain and go about yourself exactly in the way that you want to. You may get some funny looks at first but maby if you stick to your guns long enough it will come around in your favor. It extends far beyond music.