Time to think!!!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Moon_Beam, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I've been bored and this is what I came up with!!

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?

And, if you knew that there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I've always had a lot of long-term goals, ever since I was a child. Some of them were goals I suppose were handed to me by my parents, others were personal goals. I think the child I was would be happy that I've started to realise those goals, but would also tell me that I had a long way to go yet and to keep on keeping on. I think the child I was would be surprised at some of my lifestyle choices. But then the world of teenagers and young adults is so far removed from the world of child-like innocence. I think the child would be please I hadn't lost all of that innocence, and that I've kept using my imagination in the things I do.

If there was going to be a nuclear war in a week, I'd probably set about ensuring a means of survival with my family and closest friends. I'd probably stockpile food, resources and get hold of some guns. Personally I'm in favour of keeping guns off the streets in modern societies, but come the fall of established order in our post-apocalyptic world, the man with a gun is a god amongst peasants....

3. Peace-Phoenix

Really interesting thread by the way, I'm going to move it to the main UK Forum for mainstream billing. :)

4. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I think my child would relate to my current tribulations, all except paying the bills and being unemployed. If I knew that there would be a nuclear war, I would wear a two million sunblock.

5. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Ooooh exciting!! lol

6. Peace-Phoenix

I've seen reports recently that suggest they grossly miscalculated the effects of gamma radiation. It's still harmful, but much less dangerous than previously thought....

7. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Wow, good news I guess! It's still a really scary thought! I don't know what I would do! After panicking for a while - I guess that I would spend time with all the people I love and have as much fun as I could!!!

8. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

If this isn't already printed on a poster or t-shirt somewhere, then it should be.

My past self would probably slap me, then change his mind and decide I'm doing okay. I tend to lie a lot about how I'm doing, so my younger self would probably only hear the good stuff.

9. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

When I was a kid, I remember always thinking 'When I grow up, I won't be unhappy anymore. Everything will have worked itself out. I'll fit in and I won't have a problem with the world anymore.' If that kid could see me now, I think he'd be really dissappointed because I'm still exactly the same person, but the person I am now is glad that I didn't become the person that the kid wanted to be. That would have meant I would have had to change to fit in with the world. I'm glad I haven't done that because the world is insane and I love the person I am.

If the world was going to end next week I'd feel really pleased with myself and relieved that I'd made it to the end without losing sight of my divine destiny. I'd probably spend my last few days doing stuff I couldn't get away with before, just to see what it was like

10. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?

Actually this is easier than you might think, because when I was 12 I wanted to be a jockey and win the grand national, but that was after I saw a film called National Velvet, then I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the Air Force, and then I wanted to be a computer technician, but infact I have become none of these things and have instead become a DJ. Because one of my other ambitions was to be in an orchestra or a conductor of an orchestra - so really I done preeeeeetttttttyy cool

And, if you knew that there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?
    well it depends who with, I mean if it was against Iran or israel I would fly some flags and send money to the government to support the troops but if it was against The USA or China I would rob a bank, take over parliament and declare myself the true leader of the UK and declare the war to be over, and I would crap into a hat and stick it on tony blairs head and watch him being assfucked by a cart horse

11. ripple

ripple Member

Im not sure me as a child would reconise me now. I'd probably think what a weirdo Id become. At the same time I'd probably be hapier with me now than a few years back.

If there was to be a nuclear war Id stockpile food and water, buy as many lighters, lamps, paraffin and candles as I could. Things that could be bartered with other people would be handy. Lots of plant seeds. Gas masks. Oh and ammo for the 12g :D

12. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

I think the child version of me might be a bit freaked out by the adult me, but possibly intrigued. I know I would have been crushed though that I didn't turn out to be the concert pianist I'd always hoped to become. And I'd probably worry about my soul as I used to be very religious and now am not.