time to bitch about cellphone users. you know who you are!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, Jan 16, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

okay, that thread about someone forgetting to turn their lights on at night, just made me remember what happened on the way to work.

some dumb broad went completely through the stop sign while I was in the intersection. didnt even slow down. and guess what?? she was on her cellphone. I swear thats about the 500th person I have seen at that exact intersection who was talkin on their cellphone while driving and running right through the intersection without looking or stopping. they think stop means slow down. anyways, she turned towards me while she pulled out in front of me, after she noticed I was goin through, and hopefully she read my lips, because I wasnt a happy camper.

can people not use their cellphones while driving??

thats all I ask.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

to answer your question- only if you know how to well. and even then, not all of the time

lets face it- some of us are better drivers and/or can multi-task better.

even then, it should be under extreme circumstances.

but i know the type of people you are talking about and they drive me nuts!

3. prism

prism :o

Probably not, because people are stupid & will continue to be stupid. :D Even though NJ passed a law in July which requires drivers to use those head-sets, I still see them talking without them anyway. Yup...I hate those people. :D

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i like eating cold cut subs when driving, its sooo tasty.

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

.......the people who talk on their phones while in line at the bank, grocery store, etc. really get on my nerves. I think it's RUDE to the checker, teller, clerk, or whoever to not pay attention to the transaction in process.

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I talk while driving. But I'd rather not cuz I'm usually smoking a bowl too.

7. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

what you are speaking of are non-drivers. it doesn't matter if they are talking on the phone or not

I always talk on the phone when I'm driving, if not I'm singing and dancing.....but I can drive so I can do that

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

My cell rarely rings. And I rarely make calls. Hmmm...wonder why I even carry the damn thing?

9. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

in case of emergency

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

My cellphone kicks ass... cheapest shit there is... but proved to be very usefull in crucial situations...

11. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

to be 'in' with all the other yuppies :p

haha......yuppies......that was a good one

12. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I've been waiting for you to call.

13. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

In the UK it's illegal and if your involved in a crash the Police have the ability to trace if you were on a mobile the exact time the collison happened regardless who was at fault.

14. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yup, the laws are changing here too.

cellphone users who get into accidents while on the phone are at fault. regardless.

15. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I think we should install that law in the US as well. It's not like you MUST call someone while you're driving.

Pff, people act like they couldn't live without cell phones, but very few people even owned one 10-15 years ago. Give me a break...

16. antithesis

antithesis Hello

You think driving with a cellphone is bad?! I saw a guy playing his guitar while driving.

Seriously though, I don't own a cellphone and I don't want one, but if I had one I would not use it while driving.

17. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

(o_O)

What's worst is when you see some young girl on a cell phone, putting on make up, eating a sandwhich, and driving all at the same time. Note, this is not made up...

18. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

what if your parked while talking on the phone and someone hits you?

19. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, Im sure the police can tell that you werent moving at the time you are hit. Im talking about driving while talking on the cellphone.

20. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

to be honest... i saw a dude on I. 95 RIGHT BY DC... im talking a 10 lane high way at that point... (both sides), playing a guitar.. AND watching a television that was on the dash (front) and on a cell phone.

i was shocked.