Throwing Away Less Trash In 1 Year Than The Average Person Does In 1 Day!

Discussion in 'Pollution' started by Jared Six, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jared Six

Jared Six Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGF4uPHKLjo

In this video I save and show all of the trash that I threw away in the year 2012.

I first got into ¨being less wasteful¨when I took a vacation from the city and went to a beautiful lake and was so sad to see just how many plastic bags there were laying around. I remember picking up a plastic bag that had the logo¨Radio Shack¨on it and there was still a receipt inside which said that the only thing the person bought was a small pack of batteries and I thought to myself... ¨Why would someone need a bag if all they bought was a small pack of batteries'?????????¨ From that day on I decided that I would no longer get plastic bags when I went shopping and I would instead bring my own empty bag...

Over time I started making other changes in an effort to be less wasteful and I became somewhat of a ¨minimalist¨ and felt so much lighter and more ¨free¨ as a result. It´s so depressing for me now to walk down the street on ¨Trash Day¨and to see so many perfectly good chairs, clothes, and countless other items being thrown away by people and of course so many recycleable materials going to the landfill.

I made this video to show that even someone like me who was living in the city (Columbus Ohio) during the year of 2012 can reduce the amount of trash that they throw away dramatically by simply taking small steps which will add up to a VERY noticeable change over time. I hope you enjoy this video and if you think others would benefit from seeing it please pass it on.

I would be very happy to share and receive tips with anyone here on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle.