thrifting!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by telephone, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

We don't have a goodwill for 60 miles. :(

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I got a really nice wool peacoat for $5...I love thrift stores. I like to get yarn, fabric, books and movies...

3. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Here in Eugene there's st vincent depaul in addition to goodwill and s.army. depaul even has a vehicle lot with cars,pickups,boats ,rv's --all donated.And they'll deal.I get most of the books I read at these places and they have hundreds.Sometimes I find really nice glassware--stuff that would fit in antique stores.Some I keep,but they make nice gifts.

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. Thrift stores make the world go round :)

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I loooove going to thrift stores. That's pretty much all I can afford nowadays anyways - but even with money - I'd rather go to a thrift store - there's more fun stuff.. old stuff..

7. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

i love thrifting! goodwills are some of the best, because they're all over the place, and they ship their stuff from place to place so it's not always the same stuff from the same community. plus i live in a really expensive area, so lots of people donate really nice stuff. goodwill rocks. i also love them because they hire mentally retarded people, and i used to work with them there, at goodwill. it's just a nice company.

but yeah, thrift stores are tha bomb. :) i buy all my clothes at thrift stores, and when i move, i'm gonna get probably all my housewares and furniture and stuff from thrift stores.

8. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Fuckin love charity shops.. I got a looad of books yesterday for 5p each (erm.. 10 cents?) :D

Shit was awesome.