Threesome with a close friend?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by CuriousRedhead, Apr 15, 2018.

1. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

My boyfriend I have have been together for a few years, and we really want to try a threesome. I have a friend who is a girl who might be down to do it, but would that make our friendship awkward after that? We are close, so I don't want to ruin our friendship. Does anyone have any experiences with this? Were you still close friends afterward? Did it make the friendship awkward?
    Thanks!

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I'm sure it can work, but you have to work out the boundaries, first. To each their own, but of the stories I've heard about, someone always catches feelings. And the friendship is ruined, and so is the relationship. I don't think it'd be worth the risk. You might think you all can handle it, but once you're into it, things sometimes can change.

3. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

We have a friend that we have had 3somes with for a long time. He stopped by and had a couple beers last night. It was good to see him. He also comes over to help if we have any eletricele problems. Everything is good!

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you think it might ruin your friendship, I would advise not to try it then. A great long lasting friendship is more important than a moment of physical pleasure. I've seen these "threesomes" and open relationships in marriage get comprimised because as Deidre mentioned, the boundaries that were established, where ignored and trust was also violated. If the thrill is to try a threesome, maybe do it with someone that you know will be emotionally detached. Then again, there's no guarantee the encounter will still be drama free.

wilsjane likes this.
  5. Eric!

Is your boyfriend ok with you being alone with him?

Lovnflman and Alice in SC like this.
  6. Alice in SC

It's my husband and yes he is!

7. Eric!

Oh ok, cool. Are you ok if your husband introduces a lady friend into the threesome, and would you be okay if they hung out when you aren't around?

8. Alice in SC

No, not really!

9. Eric!

LOL!

10. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

My wife was free to have sex with anyone, but both of us agreed that no close friends could be involved. That worked well for us.

Mirsman, Eric!, jmadre and 1 other person like this.
  11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Obviously it's different springing something like this on a close friend from other endeavours in life than it is to develop a close friendship which started out with this.

If your good friend is someone you confide naughty sexual endeavors and fantasies with, then you probably wouldn't be asking. You'd have already been talking about your fantasies regarding a threesome and what you and your husband would like to do with the third person. In that case, she'd either express interest in participating or wish you luck in finding someone. If she were to express interest then you could discuss how it could possibly impact the friendship.

If it's someone you keep those kind of matters private from, then likely the friendship would be impacted by the mere mention of it.

jmadre likes this.
  12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I'm good with all farm and home electrical and mechanical equipment and systems...
    Jus' sayin'!
    ;)

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I've been in multiple MFF 3somes. The best experiences were those in which the girls were friends before even meeting me. If they are tight, they generally have already discussed it.

The next have been a one time thing where the new girl will be a one time thing. Nobody has the pressure if what happens if it sucks, cuz you won't see her again.

The worst have been when the guy wants it and the girl feels obligated.

I let the girls lead initially, then fulfill my role after they've initiated.

If you're in a good place with both him and your friend they are hot as hell for everyone.

jmadre and Alice in SC like this.
  14. grower88

grower88 Members

Its hard to determine the outcome as everyone handles this stuff differently, the threesomes ive had involved close friends, but i've never had issues disconnecting feelings and sex.

With my ex we did MFF with her best friend, wasn't exactly planned, there had been very brief discussions on the subject but one night it just happened when we came back to the BFFs house after her birthday at the bar, they had both admitted to fooling around together in the past so i was just something new to the mix, it worked out and happened several more times.

Then the MFM i was involved in was a little more like your situation, except i was the outsider/extra, buddy and his GF both of which i'm close with, mid 20s been together 5-6yrs, both only been with one other person, they wanted to try new things to spice things up, they agreed they'd have one with a guy and one with a girl [her best friend, my buddy had a thing for her, she was kind of wild and the opposite of the GF] . She approached me about it, explained the situation and asked if i'd join them, We did it a few days later. Things didn't change much between us after other then being a bit closer, although things went sour between her and her best friend a few months later, i never asked why but suspect their threesome was part of it.

jmadre likes this.
  15. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Thank you all so much for the help! She is the type of friend who I share everything with and we are often discussing our wild sexual fantasies and sexual endeavors. I did mention to her before that my boyfriend and I really wanted to try a threesome but it feels impossible to find someone. She didn't show any interest in participating even though I didn't directly ask her. Now that I think about it, we are so close that she probably would've just asked if she could participate in the threesome if she would've been interested. She's probably not interested. Thanks though, guys! :)

16. Deejay2018

Deejay2018 Visitor

Just ask because I thought the same about a friend of ours and she was good to go it kinda got me by surprise

Kerri likes this.
  17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

If you do broach the subject, maybe start with some talk about sexy stuff you've each been doing then take an approach like: we both really want to do this, if it were you, how would you go about seeking out someone to get it on with us?
    How do you think we should try to find someone who'd like to do us?
    Stuff like that...
    Those open ended questions open the door to her without putting her on the spot to accept or decline.

18. al_s

al_s Guest

I shared my gf at the time with my best friend over a couple of months. Worked out great, learned new things.

19. Awesomefriends

Awesomefriends Members

I guess it’s really what one is looking for. I’ve been in one MFF relationship and it was super great. We were all pretty in love with each other and really enjoyed the intimacy. I don’t think I could be intimate without the emotions too.

20. Python 8

Python 8 Members

My wife and I had some wonderful years of fun with our long time friends . It eventually stopped but we are still the best of friends .

jamesau and Awesomefriends like this.