Three Tarot Cards Interpreted: The Emperor, Star, and Lovers

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by francesca, May 21, 2007.

1. francesca

francesca Banned

The Emperor Tarot Card

The Emperor stands for leadership & control. The Emperor is that character who gave the Fool his inspiration, his new guiding light in his quest for happiness: control of the mind to balance the workings of the heart. As such, the Emperor Tarot Card touches the enthroned ruler that lies within each of us. We are, after all, still masters of our own fate. It is the card that forces us questions like, Who rules over you? What else would you like to be in control of? Whom do you rule? What kind of boss are you? Who would you rather rule over you? You may not know it but you could be a benevolent leader, an incompetent ruler, OR even a ruthless tyrant in your workplace, in your home, in your health, in someone's heart. Sometimes, it takes a humble ego to reinvent one's self.

The Star Tarot Card

A woman kneels by a pool under a sky lit by eight stars. An urn in each hand, she pours out water from one urn into the pool, and onto the earth, from her other urn. She is both replenishing the thirsty pool and bathing the arid earth.The Star Tarot Card is a card that tells of good things to come, a welcome insight into the future. It symbolises mostly positive things: help on the way, soothing calm, a good quench and nourishment, relief, hope, spiritual awareness and psychic illumination, as provided for us by two basic elements--water and gentle (star)light. On the negative aspect, the Star Tarot Card warns us of self-doubt and disbelief that hinder us in our happiness. * *

The Lovers Tarot Card

Originally called just Love, the Lovers' card has an angel (Raphael) or cupid, a man and a woman, two trees (in Waite, it is Adam & Eve under an apple tree with a serpent). In some decks, one tree is flowering, but the other has fruit. Also in some decks, there are two women for the man to choose from. After a tiring, aimless journey, the Fool arrives at a tree which beckons him to stop, rest for a while, and decide his next move/mission. The blossoming all-knowing tree is supposed to be his landmark, but lo and behold, a Woman is there waiting, as if for him. It is not coincidental that before the Fool arrives at the fruit-bearing tree, he had visited the Emperor first. The Emperor signifies control, power, being on one's guard, stiffness, and structure—everything that is the opposite of what the Fool is about to find out in love.For love is a surrender to all power. And in that surrender, a new power is energized—one that braves all odds. More than anything, the Lovers tarot card is not just about Love, but also Choice. And realising that he is equipped with Choice, the Fool knows better to follow his heart.

2. Anachronism

Anachronism Member

I have a lovely Vampire Tarot that I've worked with for a few years now, and the funny thing is, the meanings She's given me in Her cards don't always reflect the traditional Tarot meanings. She's dark at times, loving at others, always witty and incredibly accurate.

I like these interpretations, though. I'll have to see what Eva (that's my deck's name) has to say about them.

Peace!