thoughts on tube tops...

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by FunkyPhreshMama, May 25, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

ok so my sis cleaned out her closet and gave me all her old clothes. she gave me a cute tube top and its pink with cherries. but the thing is my belly is kinda pudgy and i have a few stretch marks on my belly button so it looks kinda funny anywhoo do you guys think it wold look white trashy for me to wear it? i usually dont wear things like this but it is just too adorable to sit all alone in my closet. i know this sounds pretty stupid but i dunno i am reluctant to wear it/

2. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

hey ~*~ sweetie if you like it then wear it! if it makes you feel good inside then by all means wear it on the outside! as long as you is comfortable with you whatever you be wearing be purrrrfect! if this particular groovy top just isn't going to do it for you ~ there's always other sweet sitah's out there you can donate it to... good luck!

3. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

sure, why the hell not?!

4. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

Go for it.

5. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

if you feel comfy then by all means express your freedom to be comfy and look and feel good. My ex is really self-conscious about her "battle scarrs" she calls them. I have tried to reassure her that its not something a person with character would judge her on but, you know how you girls are with appearance. Every time I see them I am reminded of that day in the delivery room and I am in awe. Where them like a badge sister.

But if you still want to rid yourself of them,duh, I heard a commercial on the radio today for a cream that will make them disappear whether they are brand knew or years old. I didnt get the number cuz I was on the road but,keep you ears open for such a product.

How bout we get a pic of you in the top and then we can render our "final answer"?

Stay cool and be peaceful,
    Johnny Appleweed

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Don't worry about it being too trashy. If you think it looks cute, try the tube top on. Maybe, it'll feel and look great on you. If not, someone else will like it (i'm sure).

7. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Just do your own thing. If others don't like it then they don't have to look.

8. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

rock om, maybe i will post a pic later for judgement LOL

my sis is really into fashion and expensive clothes so i don't mind the hand me downs LOL

I am usually a thrift shop girl so it's fun to dress up in her stuff every once in a while hehehe

9. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i dont like tube tops( on me) cuz ..... well.... my chub and also.. strapless bras they just eh... it just doesnt stay where iwant it to.. i have to keep pullin it up..

they should make tube tops with bras sewed in to them... hmm....

10. mellimel19

mellimel19 Member

You wear whatever you feel happy and comfortable in sweetie! To hell with other people's opinions or expectations. And don't worry about a little chub, everyone's got some issue or another with their body, but we're all human, no one's perfect. Be proud of the way you look, no matter what!

11. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

If you aren't 100% comfortable in it why not modify it with lace or ribbon all round the bottom to cover up slightly...it could be all floaty.... or wear it under a waistcoat....

12. Velouria

Velouria Member

They do! And they're not those flimsy "bras" that are really just a strip of elastic and an extra layer of lining. They are actually shelf bras. I think you can get them at Goldsmith's and similiar deperartment stores.

Anyway, to answer the original question, no, I don't think it would look trashy. Just don't wear it with ultra short shorts or a mini and you should be fine.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'd wear it :) campy tube tops are hard to come by!

14. gruvenmama420

gruvenmama420 *sweet sugga mama*

if you like it, wear it. tube tops only look white trashy on well...trashy girls i suppose lol, which you are not. you've got your own flare and sense of style and i'm sure you can pull it off. as for the scars, buy some Vitamin E or K cream or gel capsules and put it on your tummy, it really helps. theres lots of great stuff out there for stretch marks and scars

15. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

This isn't mean spirited or meant to offend in any way, but

Of course we're going to tell you to wear whatever the hell you want! It's Hipforums...if you want an opinion from the more mainstream fashion-obsessed, try the fashion forum on Makeupalley.

16. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

heh i don't get the point of bumping up old threads that are asking for advice like this? i'm pretty sure if she hasn't decided to wear it by now, she won't ever ;)

17. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

if you havnt sorted it them why not sew a cute bottem half to it?

18. hippiejessica

hippiejessica Member

Maybe you could wear a button-up sweater over it and button it on the bottom so it hides the stretch marks but so people can still see the shirt. :)

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

layers!

can you get it to do something like this if you put it over something flowy?:
    [​IMG]

or make a 'skirt' for it, like other pple have suggested

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice