thoughts on losing mind and finiding it?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by itsallgood, Feb 12, 2009.

1. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

just a question, this book that i was reading a little bit ago but finished said that losing ones mind is actually a healthy thing to do and in finiding it one becomes more healthy and more aware...Thats what he or she said lol anythoughts? i agree with it :)

2. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

sounds pretty logical

3. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

i wouldnt say that exactly. however, rediscovering your mind is a wonderful experience

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Very healthy indeed. Not just the initial process of death/rebirth, but the awareness for the rest of your life of the fluidity of mentality, and of the perseverance and infinite strangeness of consciousness

5. ad10

ad10 Member

How can you know your mind if you have never been without it?

6. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

that makes you think

7. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

your question should how can you not know your mind if youve never been without it but i see what your saying....how about where is the mind actually located inside the brain? because all we have in the human head is eyes and a brain

8. klondike_bar

I "lost my mind" on mushrooms, or rather thought that i had lost it. (i was convinced that i was totally brain-fried from mushrooms, and was living the current existence in a fragment of my imagination, unsure if said fragment was based on things i had known when previously "sane", or merely created)

however, the 2-3 hours of this hell provided no positive outcome, spiritual meaning, or important revelation. If anything, it left a residual tick in the back of my head that questions my own life's importance, since im just going to die anyways.

however, taking a swim during the comedown was the most beautiful feeling of utter purification ever. (still no meaning found though)

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

That is the meaning. You're going to die. And what happens when you do? Well, you got a glimpse of something like that, didn't you?

It seems that the body can die (we all know that), the mind can die (mushrooms showed you that), but pure awareness can survive both. It is a third part to the picture of what you are.

Your own life is at the same time the most trivially unimportant thing imaginable (humbling) and the most splendid glorious celebration of forces coming together in epic harmony and creation (celebrating).

You are a little part of everything, so your life's importance is just a function of the importance of the whole UNIVERSE, and now that changes things.

Either way, when you die, you're not going anywhere. It's just back to the source for you. The water flows back to the ocean.

I feel like maybe you're still holding onto ego and having ego ask "But what about MEEEEE?!"

mushrooms are the most abstract source of revelation i find, you really have to think hard about what you just went through, it doesn't just smack you in the face like lsd.

10. klondike_bar

maybe, but i dont feel that. maybe i didnt lose enough of my ego or something, but there was zero revelation from that experience. If anything, i came out with a desire to locate some lsd in order to properly "understand" what happened.

11. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

Timothy Leary suggested LSD helps us go "out of" our mind not lose our minds.

Going "out of" your mind is like a third person perspective. There's nothing enlightening about losing your mind.

12. LSD_Coated_Brain

LSD_Coated_Brain Member

Mckenna said that a when humans were evolving in africa, we ate mushrooms, with helped develop certain characteristics we have. Its also human nature to have an urge to alter your mind (which could be due to mckennas idea).

13. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

but I am evolving in Hawaii...