thought...

Discussion in 'Art' started by crystalstarr, Jan 27, 2005.

1. i drew this dude and i just wanted it to be different so i added the had/eraser/ and sharpner on the side and making that a sketch pad. Notice how the surrounding stuff, ie, the hand and such is cartoon like? so yeah i made it seem like a cartoon person was drawing the realitic image.

give me thoughts, comments, input. thanks!

2. shit i just realized i should add a shadowing around the "notepad" well i'll get to it.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's an amazing idea and very good performance. I would give the outside elements a stronger cartoon identity to illustrate your point better... but other than that...wonderful!

4. good idea, i think im going to add more stuff tomorrow, like maybe a funky bracelett on the drawing hand and maybe a cartoon looking vase with a flower on the side... hmmm we'll see what i cook up... any suggestions?

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Well, yeah, anything that will add a cartoonish element. Try something that represent toons, some symbol...I cannot think of any now, since I am in bed, practicaly sleeping with my laptop...but I shall think of it for tomorrow.

6. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

when i think of cartoons i think of acme anvils... hehe.. i don't think that would work here though. i like the vase idea.. and your drawing is really good :)

7. well i will keep thinking on it... thanks for the input:)

8. Anavarius

Anavarius Member

Honestly you have awesome potential by far!!!! Nice realistic attributes to the man. Not to mention the fact that the guy isn't bad looking.

9. lol yeah the guy is cute.

im pretty amutuer... i did art in hs but gave it up for a long time and just recently got back in it. Im going to Art school in May and i cant wait to be taught new things!

10. arlia

arlia Members

ooooooooooooo i like this

11. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I like it.

12. weep

weep Senior Member

:)I like it!! :)
    Maybe it´s just me, but the hand and chin/mouth area seems like it´s coming out of the pic, kinda 3D or something. That´s cool. :)
    Oh yeah, and BraveSirRuben has a point. It would bring out the cartoon factor even better if you´d add more cartoonish things.

13. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

that is a really cool drawing they guy in the picture reminds me a lot of collin farrell

14. yeah he does look like that. thanks for the prases and input guys its helps me. i've now fixed the pinky on the guy and added shadowing around the "notepad" and trying to think of other stuff to add.