Thought About Conor Mcgregor's Opponents

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Take me to the Pilot, Mar 10, 2017.

1. A lot of his recent opponents seemed to be either shorter than him, or in their 30s. And none of them seemed to quite look as confident or intimidating as him in the pre-fight face off photo. None of them matched his wit and charisma, and they all seemed to take the bait to his insults. With Nate Diaz for example... it's as if he's taken so many blows to the head by now that he can barely talk!

It's as if all of his opponents are dumb because only dumb people would take up such a sport that involves risking their life? How come no one out there can, at least, appear to match him?

Floyd Maywhether, with his high pitched voice, doesn't seem anyway near as intimidating as him. And dumb enough, at 40 to come back, as if he's got something to prove? Essentially, he's just responding to Conor's demands.

Still though - it's good to see a white male ruling the roost!

3 people like this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Floyd Mayweather would be a fool to fight Conor McGregor.

Floyd has amassed over $700 Million dollars in earnings why risk it, he’s 40 and McGregor is 28.

Sure it would be his biggest payoff ever, even more than Pacquiao, but it could also have grave long-term consequences.

Hotwater

3 people like this.
  3. broony

broony Realist Lifetime Supporter

If it was in a boxing ring with boxing rules Floyd would destroy Conor. No competition, none.

If they were in the octagon with MMA rules Conor would destroy Floyd.

They are two completely different sports. The only thing they have in common is getting punched in the head.

Floyd is very smart, self made. He knows Conor just wants publicity. Floyd will not step in any fight with Conor, what is the point?

Floyd has made more money off a single fight than Conor has in his career. Until Conor can match that with someone else he is not worthy of dealing with the Money Team.

3 people like this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

^^ Yet they continue with their verbal sparring despite the fact that it ain’t gonna happen

Hotwater

2 people like this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

intimidating is not a positive.

no one "intimidating" should be allowed within spitting distance, of any high office anywhere.

no GOOD thing, wishes to be feared.

not a man, not a nation, not even a god.

6. Stop stringing randon words together into sentences and go f**k off. Ya can't write for shit.

1 person likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not my problem. just stating a simple truth. not my problem if idiots hate logic either.

1 person likes this.
  8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Conner would not last long in the "fake" world of pro wrestling even though he claims he could. Like so many other topics he runs his mouth as if he is the best because it's his brand. Without the shit talk no one cares and I am sure his agents and publicists remind him of this. I don't care about the fight with pro boxers that will never happen. I just want to see him humbled with wrestling one week of training he would quit before it ended. To see that what is a show he can not even do. But he never will because it would ruin his UFC career either way. He will fail and be embarrassed or if he wins he still loses the respect of other UFC people. It's sad too because with that mouth he would already fit in well as a wrestling villain.

I believe you are looking for Stormfront. This is hip forums.

9. Incorrect. Whether being intimidating is good/bad demands on the context!

Now shut up.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while i do not doubt there are well meaning humans, sapient non-humans, and possibly even gods, who quite simply don't know any better,
    it is not ever a good thing to wish to be feared, nor to trust anyone or anything that does.

also telling someone else to shut up, especially when you don't have to listen to them,
    but have the free choice to read their words or not, at your own convenience, if and when you see fit, only weakens one's none existent argument of rebuttal.

yes there are situations in which permitting yourself to express anger is the only thing someone else will listen to,
    and even in which making yourself heard by them is an obligation to try to prevent or reduce the harm they appear very likely to cause,

this is a very different thing, then wishing to be feared in general and on general prinicpals.
    which again, is not ever a good (meaning moral, or for that matter very sensible) thing,
    whether for a man, a nation, or even for a god.

(i have no idea what ufc is. i thought this was something about politics.
    i stand by my beliefs just the same.
    not saying anyone can't believe whatever they see fit too,
    this remains what mine is none the less)

1 person likes this.
  11. broony

broony Realist Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the point of this being what precisely?

i have no idea who this person the title of this thread is about might be.
    and it really makes no difference to my point who they are.

i thought he was the nazi guy campaigning for election in the neitherlands.
    i'm not good at keeping track of these kinds of things.

is this a way of saying the person and the topic is about professional pugalism?

if it is, i guess i have to say "never mind" (in that ruth buzzy voice)

1 person likes this.
  13. Well you're wrong there. I remembered your words and had to come back!

I'd argue the opposite anyway... that if it didn't happen he'd look like a fool for all the talk about it. It won't ruin his career as I'm guessing he can do has he wants... since the UFC need him for the publicity, and let's not forget he's probably their best fighter!

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing but chose to ignore it.

Conor Mcgregor isn't the great white hope, he's the great white hype, and with boxing rules in effect he will get his clock cleaned by Mayweather [​IMG]?

Hotwater

15. It's probably comments like that, that have motivated him to win in the past.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam Senior Member

I've basically just watched youtube clips of various fights from them and listen to sports talk analysts in regards to their fight. The general consensus seems to be that McGregor has practically no chance against Mayweather but still this will get him exposure well beyond anything a MMA fighter has ever got before.

I disagree with a lot of the analyst who say that even if McGregor loses he still "wins", in terms of the justification of him being an MMA fighter and what not. What I think many of them are overlooking, is that the reasons they are suggesting he has no chance insofar that it is a different sport and such, while he is training for boxing for this half year or so, all his MMA contemporaries are likely not sitting idle and should McGregor return to UFC, he may have to readjust to that sport.

17. Are you sure about that? That's the perfect statement, with just enough logic, to allow you to lie to yourself.

I can say one thing - Mayweather certainly isn't very good at standing up for himself. Not to mention the way he's currently making a fool of himself:

bringing his daughter along with him so she can see him get humiliated, bragging about a watch that cost him 100 grand, etc. The poor guy is being bullied by Conor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pg2jya5AQ

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam Senior Member

Politically Correct Media killed the hype of this match for me. It's hard to root for someone when it's a 'racist' vs a 'homophobe'.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Your boy McGregor has been fighting with 4oz MMA gloves for most of his professional career now he’s fighting with 10oz boxing gloves. The differences are startling, the heavier boxing glove moves slower and the padding absorbs a lot of the impact. I don’t care how much he trains he’s not going to be ready for Mayweather.

On a side note: the problem with boxing gloves are the cumulative effect over time which is why so many boxers tend to develop brain damage or Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) after their careers have ended, still no results yet from MMA only because it’s a fairly new sport.

Hotwater

20. waveland

waveland Member

Ooh really?

It's happening..