THIS who you want in power?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FireQuint, Jun 1, 2004.

1. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Hi FireQuint

Please don’t just post a link, could you give us an idea of why you want people to visit it and what you think of it yourself

Thanks Balbus

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Is this regarding skull and bones? Most of our presidents have been involved in secret societies...All but 2-3 I believe.

4. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Eh so what... even if it matters it's not like we have a choice, Bush was in Skull n' Bones too of course.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So what??

It's because of people like YOU this country is in the shape it's in.

And what's this about Republicans exploiting people but the Democrats don't? You don't think the Democrats exploit people? Their whole agenda is based around exploiting people!

I think anyone who questions the true intent of who they elect into office would at least be somewhat interested in this topic.

Notice how Kerry just weaseled his way around the question by turning it into a joke? How convenient!

The reason we should be concerned about this is...

1) Because of the positions of high wealth and power almost all of the member's of Skull & Bones have and have had.

2) Because it's secret.

I just recently finished reading a great book about this topic called Secrets of the Tomb: Skull and Bones, the Ivy League, and the Hidden Paths of Power by Alexandra Robbins.

You can order it off of Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-4114500-2364018?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

trade one S&B millionaire for another. just spectacular. amusingly, i really can't bring myself to vote for either, will vote libertarian. ironically, most likely that'll just split the republican vote and get kerry in office with a minority vote like clinton got. hehe. politics.

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Do I think Kerry will make a better president than Bush - slightly at best. The only reason I would rather see Kerry in office is for change and in general I think he's a bit more honest than Dubya, but even that is negligable. Our image is so damn tarnished around this world right now, there is no chance of building any meaningful aliances with other nations as long as Bush is at the wheel. Now Kerry may fail at this equally as miserably, but Bush has burned so many bridges that we are destined to have zero alliances with any nation aside from Great Britian as long as he is in office.

8. sadeyedlady

sadeyedlady Member

Skull and Bones is NOT a big deal.

It's a glorified fraternity. And not even that, as they let women in now.

The people in skull and bones rise to positions of power and wealth because they come from wealth and their families have connections.

It's not surprising, considering S&B usually taps the most involved, charismatic, popular kids at Yale. Those kids would likely succeed anyway.

9. Pressed_Rat

Right, but not necessarily intelligent. There's proof of that.

10. sadeyedlady

sadeyedlady Member

Charisma and people skills will probably get you further than raw intelligence. The most intelligent people do not and never have had the most well-paid or powerful positions. I stick to my position that they would have succeeded regardless of membership in Skull and Bones.

11. Pressed_Rat

Yeah, I suppose I can agree with that to an extent.

12. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I think that too, that members of S&B get into influential positions because people who get into S&B are kids with all the connections.

I've said it before, I'm not really fond of Kerry. But there just isn't any other choice, if you want to talk about a candidate who has any shot at winning. Simple as that.

13. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

LISTEN PEOPLE

This video was also talking about Bush.

News Anchor: You BOTH were members of Skull N Bones...

Bush is also known member of this secretive group

14. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

15. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

They both convienently resort to laughing it off.

??

I kinda thought my title would melt in well with what I was presenting. Maybe you didn't see that?