this shit pisses me off

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 24, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

mannnn....

people call me stoner and shit and i am, but they shouldnt know! i only tell a select few, and i only smoke with a select few also.... but they are just sterotyping! just because i wear shitloads of hemp, and tye dye, and i have bells around my ankles, and i listen to led zeppelin and pink floyd and stoof... they just ASSUME I DO.. i do smoke, im not gunna deny it, i smoke every single day, but they say it in the middle of class with a teacher in the room, and stuff! i dont know, sterotypes like that bug me...

2. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

that happens to me too, except most people call me a hippie, which i guess is better because it doesnt directly imply that i smoke, but i just kinda ignore them and they stop eventually...stereotypes do suck, my mom thought i smoked just because i had a grateful dead shirt on!

3. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Heh. My mom nearly ripped down my Grateful dead poster when she what seemed to be potleafs on it. People judge no matter what. I sopose it comes with the territory.

4. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

well, i'm not advocating the use of stereotypes, but they exist for a reason....a decent amount of the time they are true!

people definitely stereotype me too......but then again, i dont care what anyone thinks. and who cares if teachers know? do your best in school and maybe they'll start to realize that hey, marijuana isn't as bad as the government has told us.

i was actually told i would fail out of college by multiple teachers. well, i'll graduate in a few months, so they were wrong about that. smoked pot the entire way through school, too. pretty much wake n bake every day.

ah well, just ignore em.

smoking pot, listening to keller williams, wearing a phish shirt and patchwork pants...

humandraydel

5. snelio37

snelio37 Member

haham it was huge news amongst the smokers that i don't some pot. i was sitting there and some random guy i've talked to once is like " i heard you don't smoke. is that like, for real?". go figure

6. McJesus

McJesus Member

Personally, I think high school kids need to get a world view. You can not, under any circumstances, expect people not to stereotype you when you dress like that. That's how the world works. No, it's not a good thing, but you can't avoid it. It's natural. You do it, I do it, we all do it.
    We learn by recognizing patterns. So, when 90% of the people you know who smoke loads of pot and dress in tye dyes and hemp, you tend to naturally associate those who wear tye dyes and hemp with heavy pot smokers. You can't change how humans think and have thought since the dawn of time.
    So, it basically boils down to "deal with it."

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

So many people in my school smoke, its not that big of a deal if anyone calls me a stoner. im one of the 80% of students that smoke.:D (just an estimate...could be more.)

8. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

you're only perpetuating the fucking stereotype. there's nothing really wrong with that, but there's nothing to bitch about there.

9. balko

balko Member

It's not them calling me a stoner, I don't care. Just not in front for a dick teacher who will tell the office...

Nor is it the fact that I have now become 'The Hippie' to my school (the hippest kid those kids will ever know...lol) it's the fact that I'm now 'Jesus' to them...Meh, he was a hippie I guess...

But really that's all those kids do, just label. Don't worry about 'em, if you ignore 'em they'll ignore you. Trust me it works, that and letting them hit you...

10. Dazed4now

Dazed4now Member

omg that sucks
    i got pot posters all around my room
    as long as i keep my job and paying the gas bill i can do whatever i want

11. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

how do you expect to not get stereotyped when you describe yourself the way you did?

aaand you said yourself that you smoke every day. i think that qualifies you as a stoner.

12. Psychedelic Moss

Psychedelic Moss Member

a lot of people thought i was a stoner before I even started smoking pot.. almost everyone that talked to me would start out by saying "dude are you stoned?" it was crazy...

13. balko

balko Member

When I come up with something really cool when I'm not stoned, everyone's like "are you high?" but when I do it and I'm stoned they don't ask...

14. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

It's funny, I dress pretty average (jeans, tshirts, no tye-dye or really "hippie" stuff) but apparently, lots of people knew I smoked, even though I was very careful about who I told. Yeah, I had long hair, but that doesn't automatically mean I smoke... Must be them positive stoner vibes I put out ;)

15. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i know, i dont deny it, i AM a stoner, but thats not what im complaining about.. i just hate sterotypes! and when they say shit like that in front of a teacher who could nark me out!... but no matter, theres really nothing i can do about sterotypes, they exsist and they're not goin away!

i know EXACTELY where you are coming from! lol theres this kid who, from about 3rd grade on, has called me "hippie" and "stoner" and shit, and in 3rd grade, i didnt smoke pot, i knew what it was, but i didnt toke it up... but this kid was always like you dang hippie! stoof... and i HATED HATED HATED it with a passion! but its funny, now that ive "embraced" my hippyness, he STILL calls me it, like it should bug me or something! and now im just like yep yep pretty much i am!!

ahh.. greatness!