This might get a few stay at home moms peeved

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by YellowBellyHippy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

2. YellowBellyHippy

Here is a quick copy and paste of what he said...

How many here know what it's like to work 13 hour days ? FUCK ALL that's what .... do you work outside the house too ? I'll bet that the tattoo artist knows more about your sexual "frustration" than your husband ... get off the net and go talk to the man. If I pulled 13 hours a day I'd be well pissed my ol lady was treatin me like that.

Actually the more I think about it the more pathetic it is: ur old man who's breaking his ass everyday for you and your kids and now he's paying for you to go and get inked and discuss your sex life with some tatt artist who you get daffy around????

I'd expect a little bit more maturity from a mother of 3 children.

3. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

He doesn't appear to be denigrating your job.

He appears to have a problem with you coming on to some other guy while he's busting his hump, just as we would all be if you were working 24/7 with the kids and he's mooning over some waitress somewhere.

4. YellowBellyHippy

I never ever came onto the guy. And imo, he DOES in fact to insult what I do.

5. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Both points are duly noted....

6. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Oh...it's IRON GOTH...the puritan of the Old World...

7. Libertine

Yellow, don't pay attention to this punkbitch.

8. YellowBellyHippy

I know, its just that ignorant people bug me

9. Libertine

I can't stand people who have to spread what THEY deem as the MORAL CODE for everyone around and insult you if you disagree with.

This dude has done what nobody else has on HipForums...got me angry.

Just when you think you've got more control, along comes a bigger asshole to prove you wrong...

Well, that's life...I suppose.

Fuck him.

10. YellowBellyHippy

Libertine is beautiful ;) How can anyone not like you or be mean to you?

11. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I was merely pointing out the objections of the poster she's complaining about.

I'm far from being a Puritan, Libertine, I merely object to people diddling kids.

You say you didn't, so be that as it may. Won't change my position, but for the record I have retracted that accusation against you for what it's worth.

12. Libertine

And...I retract my hostilities toward you.

13. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

It's cool, man. To whoever's read this, misunderstandings were cleared up and the matter resolved.

14. Libertine

15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

so you'll both shut up now?
    please take it to PMs next time, my brothers. You both had valid points..oh, and Libertine, shall I delete the punkbitch post?

16. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

No DM, for what it's worth let it all stay. It was resolved --- in fact we're on each others' friends list.

17. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

that guy is just an ignorant asshole who will one day learn what it is like to raise children most liely on his own especially with that attidtude he has. wheni read this thread it reminded me of a story that i go in an email.

A woman renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk's office was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation. Emily had hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

"What I mean is," explained the recorder, "do you have a job, or are you just a .....?"

"Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a mother."

"We don't list 'mother' as an occupation...'housewife' covers it," said the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall. The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient, and possessed of a high - sounding title like "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar."

"What is your occupation?" she probed.

What made me say it, I do not know. The words simply popped out.

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations."

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair, and looked up as though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in your field?"

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, "I have a continuing program of research (what mother doesn't) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters (the whole darned family) and already have four credits (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of- the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money."

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants - ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model (6 months) in the child-development program, testing out a new vocal pattern.

I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than "just another mother."

Motherhood...what a glorious career. Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make grandmothers "Senior Research Associates in the Field of Child Development and Human Relations", and great - grandmothers "Executive Senior Research Associates"? I think so!

I also think it makes aunts "Associate Research Assistants!"

18. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

that was a kool story, thanx for sharing!

19. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

anyone who thinks that running a home and being a parent (mother or father, obviously) isn't a skilled job musn't be piss wise :D

I can only go from personal experience.....my mom was a homemake, wife and mother......dad worked hard, until he retired at 55....

I had a (mostly) lovely childhood....mom and dad still act like lovestruck teens after nearly 40yrs together (awwww, sweet eh? :D ) ..... so for them, it worked :D

personally, i tip me hat to ya yellahippie....I like kids but i'd rather haul coal than have three for 24/7.....but if it works for you, great, and one day yer kids will look back that the 24/7 care and love ya for it :D (that's not a dig at working mum's either btw...i reckon it's all about finding yer personal system that works best for you)

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I feel proud to be a stay-at-home mother and I wouldn't have it any other way. Those who look down upon it, well, they aren't worth my time and they are only reacting due to deep-rooted insecurities, lack of experience with the world of child-rearing and the duties of keeping a home in my opinion.

My husband works full-time at his job, around 50-60 hours a week to support our family of five financially, but he feels that I am doing just as hard of a job, if not moreso (words from his mouth), because he knows I bust my rear end off everyday taking care of everything at home, and he loves and respects that. :)