This is what I'll be driving...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

By tomorrow evening... :D

[​IMG]

2. spooner

spooner is done.

Half ton?

3. Orsino2

Yeah, it's even got a digital towing hitch built into the frame... Pro-Comp 33" All Terrains. It's got a small block... 5.3 liter vortec, the back doors open up as well... I like the 4x4 on the floor versus push button/dial. Easier to knock it into 4x4 that way while driving on the highway.

T'would be nice with a six inch suspension lift and maybe a couple inches of body lift, Dick Cepek 17"s, and Pro-Comp Mud Grapplers, dual stainless steel exhaust, sunroof, auxillary fuel tank, chrome tips, off road alternator, dual batteries, hella lights, and a K&N cold air intake, oil cooler, pushbar, extra fog lamps, transmission fan/cooler,... uh, maybe a supercharger, line-x, rear ventshades, gate extender on the shortbed, and a tonneau cover. Toss a Cobra CB, some Audiobahn Speakers/Sub, and a Pioneer stereo... I could even go for air shocks like we have on our Lincoln. Uh, wouldn't mind an ooga horn or something custom like that... I've been thinking about painting the Silverado I'm driving now metallic lime green with white pinstripe or a metallic flake emerald with black pinstripe.

But that's gonna take some time. :D

That and I'm co-signing a 24 foot 1971 Grady White for $2000 with my dad on Friday.

4. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

i love you george :D you're so...
    idunno

you remind me of the better qualities of louisiana people :D

5. spooner

spooner is done.

I'll take a picture or two of Trish's truck tomorrow.

You'll wet your pants.

6. Orsino2

Ahah.. my friend holds the record at the state speedway for half ton pickups.

He's got a 454, but you can't beat a supercharged 572... but that would be a good $12,000

7. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Nice truck... But would you really defile her by playing haggard on the radio? Cash or nelson, maybe... Even something like brooks would be acceptable, but haggard? Next time it will be toby keith or gretchen wilson!

Are you an oakie from muskogee? The place where even SQUARES can have a ball? Some on, everyone knows squares needn't have a ball...

8. Orsino2

I was thinking moreso the original version of the seashores of old mexico...

Lately it's been Gov't Mule, David Grisman, Foggy Mountain Boys, and the Allman Brothers...

Lola leave your light on...

9. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Okay, that's all cool. Crank up the Allman brothers man! Soulshine is one of my faveorite songs!

10. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

i'm gettin a VW [​IMG]

11. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Awesome! I was gonna get one, (a bus... That's what ya meant right?) but when we went to test drive it some of the guages (including the speedometer) didn't work, the radio didn't work, it would go less than 35 MPH on the smallest inclines when it was to the floor! Also, it smoked REALLY bad and the enjine died several times on a short drive... I didn't want to pay $650 USD for basically a BODY that needed a shit load of work.

I wish you much better luck with your VW eneavors!

12. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

yes I know a man in macon who makes his living buying and restoring vw things, bugs, and buses.......he's got a really ocol brown and orange one with a huge ragtop sun roof and baja windows.......its a 5 speed and everything is in moderate condition he only wants 1500 for it........I agve him a down payment of 500 and he's gonna hold it for me till I can pay him the rest

13. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

I freakin' love the baja windows. That's awesome bro!

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i ride the bus :p

15. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Are baja windows the same thing as safari windows? I was planing on putting those on my bus... if I had gotten it.

16. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

yeah ... they open outward. :p

I think they're awesome. I would always have my windshield open. :D

17. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

George,

How do you afford to Insure cars like that?

Over here new drivers insurance is astronomical! We could never afford that!!

18. Orsino2

$60 a month, man... for five vehicles, is not that bad.

Allstate is the company that I use. We've been using them since my great-grandfather... and we're friends with the owner of the all the offices in our county (he actually lived right behind us and went hunting with me on our farm every now and then). That and I got one of those safe driver/grade percentage deduction things and all of our vehicles have security systems, so it keeps insurance down.

19. Orsino2

I would never drive an air cooled Volkswagen.

20. Orsino2

I know the owner of the dealership and I'm getting it pretty cheap (his dad went to school with my grandmother, dated her in highschool, and my mom took care of the owner's mother in a rehabilitation center, before she died).

It's non-financable, so the only way you're going to get it is to pay cash. Dealers have to look for certain credentials, at that point, which is why it's best to find a vehicle with just over 100,000 miles on it and pay cash... GM truck engines don't break in till they get to that point and Volvos take a good 300,000. Atop that, it's a stepside-- there's only one other GMC stepside in the county and five listed on ebay in my country, right now.

If the engine goes out, who cares... I still got it for such a low price, all I have to do is get a crate motor from Edelbrock or GM and put it in, in a day or two, you've got almost a brand new truck. That and rebuild the transmission... put in something like 5.29's, versus stock 3.73 ratio, and you've got one hell of a truck once you put a K&N intake/aircharger and dual exhaust on it. I can get a good 400 horsepower out easy if I want.. generally, most GM trucks are 5.7 liter 350 big blocks, and you can get about 800 out of those if you know what you're doing as far as boring, porting, and polishing the heads... digital performance tuners, cams. Only thing is, once you get down to cams and things like that, you start needing hydraulic presses and machines, though I know a guy across town with one, since his dad is a welder/machinist for the state electric company... Dominion Power.