this is the funniest thing ever.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by madcrappie, May 21, 2007.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

LOL, it's kind of hard to pull off sarcasm when a good chunk of what you are saying is essentially true!!!

I live in a small North American town where 99% of the population are from Christian families. Who the hell else is driving by me, Hindus?

2. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Sadly, it seems as though you've been blinded not by what is true, but by what you want to believe is true. 99.99999999% of Christians <insert claim here> seems to be your #1 catchphrase. However, just because you type out some numbers as a supposed statistic doesn't mean that it is true. You must also realize that positive and negative correlation between two different variables does not prove cause and effect, even though multitudes of people ignore that fact.

Please, try to be more objective with your claims.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

thYou're absolutely right. It's not 99.9. Now I had to go look up religion statistics on my governments web site and it turns out I was wrong by a whole whopping 6.3%! Now I need to hang my head in sham as it's only 93.6%!!! Wow, you guys totally wasted my credibility on that one. Now that's sarcasm, thanks for wasting my fucking time!!!

PFFTTT... Trying to [font=&quot]discredit me like I don't know what the major religions are in my region, that's some evasive fucking bullshit right there!!

[/font] Actually that 6.3 statistic includes a city 200 miles from here that accounts for most of that number so the population in my town really is closer to 99%

4. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I wasn't trying to discredit you, I just wanted to know exactly how you knew they were Christian, and I guess now I know.

Anyway, I really don't think people drive SUV's and start wars which are OBVIOUSLY about oil BECAUSE they're Christian. It's more because they're jerks. You can be Christian and be a jerk, OR you can be Christian and not be a jerk... but Christianity isn't necessarily what's causing you to be a jerk. It's something else... probably greed, or lust, or a need to feel powerful, or even just plain laziness.

I'm not attacking your statistics, I'm attacking your logic. Not everything a person does is motivated by their religious beliefs... human beings are quite complex!

5. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Everyone already knows what you think about Christianity.

6. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

1. I don't really care about a town in the boondocks, and what I was referring to were your claims like "Religious minds are in control of more than 99.9% of this worlds resources" and similar claims. My bad, I should have clarified that.

2. Saying "I looked up statistics on my government's website" isn't really that... believeable. Anyone can say that about anything ya know, and not all sites are credible. If you want to post the link that you use however, I'd be willing to look at it.

Checking the population of your region and what religious affiliations the people have is much more simple that backing up other claims you've made however. If you really want to prove that "Religious minds are in control of more than 99.9% of this worlds resources" and similar claims that you've made here, I'm willing to listen, but I think you will have a very difficult time doing so.

I'm not using "[font=&quot]some evasive fucking bullshit", I'm just pointing out the flaws in your logic and arguments.
    [/font]

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

LET ANARCHY RULE ! ITS BETTER THAN THE CHAOS YOU PEOPLE SPREAD

8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

OK, lets play a game. Here’s the worlds top 40 GDP Nations representing more than 99.9%. You can pick out the ones which have governments that are NOT influenced by religious ideologies and I’ll pick the ones that ARE, and then we’ll tally up the score. I’ll even let you go first…

#1 United States: $11,667,515,000,000.00

#2 Japan: $4,623,398,000,000.00

#3 Germany: $2,714,418,000,000.00

#4 United Kingdom: $2,140,898,000,000.00

#5 France: $2,002,582,000,000.00

#6 Italy: $1,672,302,000,000.00

#7 China: $1,649,329,000,000.00

#8 Spain: $991,442,000,000.00

#9 Canada: $979,764,000,000.00

#10 India: $691,876,000,000.00

#11 Korea, South: $679,674,000,000.00

#12 Mexico: $676,497,000,000.00

#13 Australia: $631,256,000,000.00

#14 Brazil: $604,855,000,000.00

#15 Russia: $582,395,000,000.00

#16 Netherlands: $577,260,000,000.00

#17 Switzerland: $359,465,000,000.00

#18 Belgium: $349,830,000,000.00

#19 Sweden: $346,404,000,000.00

#20 Turkey: $301,950,000,000.00

#21 Austria: $290,109,000,000.00

#22 Indonesia: $257,641,000,000.00

#23 Saudi Arabia: $250,557,000,000.00

#24 Norway: $250,168,000,000.00

#25 Denmark: $243,043,000,000.00

#26 Poland: $241,833,000,000.00

#27 South Africa: $212,777,000,000.00

#28 Greece: $203,401,000,000.00

#29 Finland: $186,597,000,000.00

#30 Ireland: $183,560,000,000.00

#31 Portugal: $168,281,000,000.00

#32 Thailand: $163,491,000,000.00

#33 Hong Kong: $163,005,000,000.00

#34 Iran: $162,709,000,000.00

#35 Argentina: $151,501,000,000.00

#36 Malaysia: $117,776,000,000.00

#37 Israel: $117,548,000,000.00

#38 Venezuela: $109,322,000,000.00

#39 Czech Republic: $107,047,000,000.00

#40 Singapore: $106,818,000,000.00

9. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

America is a country where c/anity influences politiics. America doesn't even accept that global warming is a human driven phenomenon. America won't sign up to international protocols on carbon emmissions.

Europe is not very influenced by c/anity on a plitical level. European nations have treaties in place to control carbon emmissions.
    Even nasty old pagan Japan has signed up - but not the USA. Seems those American xians are hooked on their gas guzzling cars, and US oilmen are hooked on their profit margins.

But it's not really to do with religion - The fact that many US capitalists call themselves xian means little more than that they are using religion to prop up the rotten and unsustainable system.

10. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Fed Up - please understand that I have nothing against the ordinary American.

It's the US govt I detest (UK govt as well).

You're right though - c/anity and oil interests do seem to have got entwined under Bush .

Xians don't care about the planet anyway, as they imagine the end is nigh - might as well burn it up as quick as possible.

11. skip

skip Founder Administrator

It's called "Just Desserts", or JUSTICE for short.

Of course that kind of treatment doesn't even begin to address the injustices meted out by Christians for two millennia. But it's a start.

Until Christians take responsibility for the actions of ALL CHRISTIANS and the damage done in the past, and the ONGOING VIOLENCE OF CHRISTIANS in their CRUSADE against ISLAM, in their greedy quest for OIL MONEY, spilling the blood of innocent women & children every day, SOMEBODY MUST DO SOMETHING TO WAKE CHRISTIANS UP!

And that is what is going on here, like it or not.

12. skip

Excellent points that illustrate the HARM Christians and Christianity has done to our world.

By passing on responsibility for all actions to God to judge, in essense Christians accept NO blame themselves for their acts. They're forgiven after all!

So no personal responsibility added to delayed judgement means you can fuck anyone, anything over and not even feel guilty about it!

And this is EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE of our leaders. They can invade a foreign country based on lies, kill hundreds of thousands of women and children, completely destroy their infrastructure, their social fabric, their future, and feel NO REMORSE, NO GUILT, NO RESPONSIBILITY.

That IS THE CHRISTIAN WAY, no?

13. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Any leader of any of these countries can claim to be religious, but if you actually analyze their actions you'll find that many go against the teachings of their religion. I'm not sure about other countries, but I know that in America Christianity is commonly used as another platform to garner more votes. It's not the religion that's necessarily at fault here, it's corrupt politics and stupid voters that are at fault.

Plus there does exist a separation of chruch and state within the US government. Even if a truly religious leader was to take office, they would be unable to make much headway if they led based on their religion.

14. skip

Dude, I just love the way you give Christianity CREDIT for every good thing a Christian does, but when a Christian does a BAD THING, you say it's not religion, it's just bad people.

Dude, that argument doesn't FLY, it's a LIE, get it?

Plus you keep repeating this SAME argument in nearly every post you make. Do it again and you are a spammer. I've had to REPEAT my own replies to your lies THREE TIMES now. Make me do it again, and you're history here.

Previous quote from this thread:

If this is the ONLY argument you can make in defense of Christianity, then not only have you already made it, and repeated the LIE over and over (no doubt hoping repetition might make it seem true to true believers), then it's pretty sad you can't find ONE TRUTH about Christianity to defend it.

Here you go again, also from this same thread:

15. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Throughout my life I've attempted to put myself in other people's shoes, and as a result I almost always play devil's advocate. There are many many people here that are opposed to Christianity (myself included), but unlike those others, I at least attempt to put myself in the shoes of believers of Christianity so that some common ground may be found. Maybe once that common ground is found, the healing process between so many divided people may begin.

The reason I repeat myself is because people don't seem to understand that a religion cannot cause harm to others. It's just a belief system that exists. It's the people that manipulate the religion for their own gain and the fools that follow these corrupt leaders that are to blame. But just because a religion may have members that do this, doesn't mean that all people of that religion are like that. Stating that as a fact is just as absurd as saying that "all women can't drive as well as men" or something equally as absurd.

I also think that any member of any religion is responsible for seeking to understand the core of their religion, and only in an instance where the core of the religion is rooted in evil and unethical beliefs can the religion itself be blamed.

I really don't know any other way to put it, that's why I repeat myself.

It's true that Christianity has had a bloody past, and that is something Christians must come to terms with and seek to resolve so that the past mistakes are never repeated. Not to mention that there are many sects of Christianity with totally fucked up ideals.

But then again, Christians have done great things as well. Mother Teresa anyone? At least she really understood Christ's message of love. I can only hope that more "Christians" will eventually understand that Christ's message revolved around love for one another.

I am no Christian in any way, shape, or form, but at least I try to understand them. Christians are just as human as everyone else on this world, and as such, they have my love.

I may be banned for saying what I think and feel, and if that is the case, so be it.

I still love you and everyone else on this world.

16. skip

There you go again. So if Mother Teresa had been a buddhist instead, and still done the same acts, you would claim it was because she was a buddhist that she did such good acts, but not because she was just INHERENTLY A GOOD PERSON, right?

And therefore Hitler, who was a Christian, cannot be held accountable for his acts as a Christian simply because those acts were bad, right?

But if Hitler had acted like Mother Teresa, you'd have used him as an example of how Good Christians are, right?

Your logic makes NO SENSE.

You make it sound like ONLY CHRISTIANS do good acts, and when they do bad acts, they're not True Christians.

Now I've repeated my response FOUR TIMES TO YOU, but I know it won't sink in at all. YOU HAVE FAULTY LOGIC, YOU KEEP REPEATING YOUR SAME TIRED ILLOGICAL ARGUMENT OVER AND OVER.

You have yet to reply to any of MY responses to you. You do not address my points at all, just keep repeating this tired argument.

YOU ARE A VERY BORING POSTER... and becoming very annoying as well.

Last chance for you.

17. skip

Fedup, I think we're just wasting our time with this one. He's incapable of understanding plain logic. Plus he won't even respond to our criticism of his logical process. He's not long for this forum.

18. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

I don't believe that there is ever a human that is inherently good. We become good humans through the good choices we make in this life. Those good choices then lead to good actions.

Our beliefs shape the choices we make, and if our beliefs are based on love we will take good, just, and ethical actions.

The core of Christianity is based on love and respect for all. The core of buddhism is based on love and respect for all. The cores of most major religions are in one way or another based on love and respect for all.

I just hope that one day adherents of their religions (or lack of religion) will realize this and then act in love towards all.

19. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Perhaps I should have rephrased the "core of Christianity" to the "core of practical Christianity", or in other words, the practice of Christianity with regards to others.

An Christian individual may have to accept that rediculous fairy tale of accepting Jesus and so on, but when they act towards other humans they must act in love, and I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Yes, I would say that Christians that commit atrocities are not true Christians since they are not acting towards others with love, and I would say that people that do good and claim to be Christians are indeed true Christians, since they are acting towards others with love.

I think the root of many of our misunderstandings lies within semantics, and I should have done better to clarify what I mean during this discussion. Ah well, just gotta do better in the future. Plus it's been difficult to discuss this issue since I believe that all faith based religion is just an elaborate fairy tale, but if I am to expect people to respect my beliefs, I must in turn respect theirs else I would be a complete hypocrite.

20. skip

THANK YOU for explaining yourself LOGICALLY for a change. :)

It's not so hard.

Then at least we can respond with something! We can't reply to illogical statements without accepting (or rejecting) the illogical suppositions underlying them.

Now your statement:
    Is something we can actually debate.

Like Fedup says, you're just echoing the Christian line of original sin.

You say:
    Yes, that is what JESUS TAUGHT, but Christianity has NOT TAUGHT THAT at all for the last 1,000 years at least.

Do Christians love and respect sinners? Do they love and RESPECT Gay people? Do they love and respect abortionists? Do they love and respect everyone who isn't Christian?

If you seek to somehow separate Jesus' teachings from Christian history, good luck, it ain't gonna happen.

In fact your own inbred Christian morality shows thru even though you deny being a Christian. That's cause you've grown up in a Christian country and been programmed with Christian values.

This is why it's so difficult for most Christians to accept what we are saying here. You seem to think you can just separate Good Christians from bad ones.

But if you DON'T ACCEPT the lie of original sin, then you must postulate a different, inherent STATE OF BEING for humanity.

I postulate that humans are by NATURE loving and peaceful, but religion replaces our INNATE, innocent human nature that seeks to do good deeds with the idea that all of us are sinners, and the only way we can become "good people" is to find Christ.

This is the BIG DECEPTION. And I can prove it.

Just look at the Native American religions. I suppose all the thousands of generations of native people were born bad sinners, did bad things all their lives because they never knew Jesus. That is the missionary attitude.

When in fact, the Native American religions all believed in ONE GOD, just like Christians, they love and respected not only other human beings, but also animals and most importantly the EARTH UPON WHICH THEY TROD.

Native Americans had a deep respect for this planet, they understood themselves as being caretakers for future generations, and thus they never abused their environment.

But to the invading Christians they were savage heathens, unclean and ready for conversion. "Yearning for Christ" as the current Pope chose to describe their condition prior to the complete destruction of their culture by GOOD Christians, who cared far more for the land under the natives feet than treating them with respect and love!

So don't give me this garbage you've been programmed with about how Christianity is all about love and respect. It's never been about that, and it still isn't.