this crucifixion of micheal phelps disgraceful

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gravity, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

And I'm glad.. because it shows what a flimsy society we are in.

Phelps is just going to have to take one for the team.. it was stupid not to know your surroundings, but I'm glad this is out in the open.

This man won 14 gold medals and now people are saying, "Well what about the children! Think about the children!"

Fuck out my face, those little snot nose bastards were going to end up shooting heroin by sophomore year... how about raise your kids yourselves instead of relying on a 23 year old kid who is possibly the best swimmer ever...

A 14 time gold medal winner and the Superbowl MVP are pot smokers...

So if you can be the best at your sport, and function like a normal citizen what's the problem? These guys are millionaires and I see mike and mike talking about him losing his endorsements.... why would you even say that? You don't know what contract the fucker signed?

How can a substance that is man made such as alcohol and cigarettes be legal and openly accepted, while a plant that was here before we were be called illegal?

And the Olympics isn't for another 3 years?!!? You really want this man to live in a hole and only come out when it benefits you and your stupid kids? So he should base his life on a Wheaties box or those one or two commercials he did? This is a 23 year old man and you actually want him to be a drone and respond only when he is asks to do so? he is HUMAN!

Is the society really this fickle? You were just sucking his dick about 7 months ago. Now he is no longer your role model?? for what!

We as a society need to drop the bullshit and look at things for what they really are... stop basing your life and your kids life on celebrities and let them become their own person with own ideas and opinions.

We live in a country full of people who let others do the thinking for them.... critical thinking is something many of us lack..

It's a damn shame.

Where the fuck is sir charles when you need him!

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i agree. it's completely assinine. it's celebrity cannibalism all over again. people are stupid.

3. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

well, dont discount his stupidity here, though. I have a job that I work hard at to make a fraction of what he makes and there are things I WONT do so that I can hang on to that. But this guy even has PICTURES of it. Come on, man.

4. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

I feel that... Its like the second someone takes a smoke of weed their a degenerate.
    Or a "damned hippie" its like reefer madness all over again I just cant believe that such people can hold double standards. You look at an alcoholic and say oh he's got a disease
    poor guy Hes now physically addicted. They look at a pot head and say what a criminal. I bet they do drugs they should not be trusted to have a job. They should not be trusted to do anything. All because a little green plant that sprouts from the very ground that feeds them. Is a household "demon"

5. Wild Mountain Dave

I'm all for changing the law but he's still stupid.

6. mamaKCita

well, he WAS totally hammered when he hit the bong. the entire thing just goes to show, parents are better role models than some stranger who happened to be a good athlete.

7. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Nobody is a better role model than I am though.

Everybody, just let your kids look up to me. They'll be fine.

8. Wild Mountain Dave

pound it!! Come on, pound it.

9. mamaKCita

*pounds*

10. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I heard that he did it when he was younger.
    Eh, I still don't see the fuss.
    EDIT: Several politicians have said they did it when they were younger. No one's up in arms about that.

Second Edit: Also, the irony is that people are scared he'll be setting a bad example. If no one had made a fuss about it then less people would know about it (I wouldn't of) and there wouldn't be as much of an/an issue of role models in the first place.

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i totally understand this position. when i was swimming or playing rugby at school, i didn't dare smoke pot for fear of getting drug tested and being thrown off the team for violating NCAA rules. shit, even having a high enough caffeine level would have me suspended

but having to make that decision and conform to that position makes me sick to my stomach.

sucks he got his picture taken smoking a bong, but it happened, and i just read a headline that says his sponsors will stick with him...so thats good.

12. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

IRT OP

Please go post this somewhere else, we all agree with you. If you want to change people's minds on this, this is the wrong place to do it.

13. Wild Mountain Dave

Yeah, Like I said, I believe the laws are bad in this case. We should be able to enjoy in our home but it is what it is and he made a bad decision. If his sponsors stick, thats cool but if they dont, he cant blame anybody but his own self.

14. midnight mind

midnight mind Member

If Phelps played basketball or football people would not think twice about this. I don't know why so many people care if he is still able to compete at the highest level in the world and set the standard for swimming he should be allowed to do whatever he wants to his body as long as its not hurting anybody else. He has 14 gold medals and from what i've read he could have won the world championship of bong rips so he is probably an experienced smoker. He just doesn't do it when it could effect his elligibility. As long as he doesn't fail any of the doping tests that he has to take people should leave it alone.

15. A-Bear's-Vagina

A-Bear's-Vagina 2 Kings Chapter 2 23-24

Pffft. I'm the world champion of bong rips, though I will accept a challenge from phelps any time. :cool:

16. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I think it exposes the 1930's era level of ignorance in a portion of the population, in regards to Marijuana. Sad. Those people should be sent to re-education camps.

17. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

people are scared. everyone's way of life is about to change in a big way. so in fear, they lash out at something they can easily call attention to, outside of themselves, so as to attract less attention to their own fear and confusion. it's a panic response. it's going on all over the place, lately. it's very interesting to me.

18. mamaKCita

i don't think the times have anything to do with it, really. people behave this way to famous people ALL THE TIME.

19. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Was there an official competition? Please say yes. :D

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i was the world champion of bong rips, until i failed a drug test...