Thinking of moving to ann arbor.

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by BlueLightRain, Apr 2, 2013.

1. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

My girlfriend and I are thinking of moving to Ann Arbor. I have been there a few times and liked it. The reason for the move is, I would like to be around some people my own age. There isn't really much going on up here in TC except touristy stuff. Maybe it's a case of "rose colored glasses" but I think I could find more hip community there. It's closer to festys and other fun artsy things, and music. Anyone have any input? I will also be possibly looking for a roommate..

2. Sunring

Sunring Guest

Hello!
    I hope you're still considering moving to Ann Arbor. I just moved back here from Chicago and I love it. There's a lot of great music and some cool places to hang out where you can definitely find a community. There's also sweet shows in the summer like sonic lunch where bands like greensky bluegrass come and play free shows downtown. Check out the blind pig if you haven't already. & if recommend living outside of downtown, much cheaper but still easy to get around!

Good luck :)

Peace

3. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Well, i did just sign a lease here in Traverse City but I plan on coming down there a bit. BTW I LOVE Greensky Bluegrass