Thinking bout shavin' my head....

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by amber, Apr 5, 2007.

1. amber

amber Member

Lately I've had the itch to shave my head. I've had my dreads six years now and I let them start growing when I was pregnant for my son. Now I'm pregnant again and I feel like shaving my head and starting anew. I've gone through a lot of changes for the better and I think my dreads are storing a lot of old energy. So I'm thinking I might just keep my dreads till after I have my new babe and then letting them go and planting them out in our garden. It'll take some getting used to. I'm a lil' worried about how I'm gonna feel after I do it as I've never had short hair. Oh well, I reckon it'll grow back slowly but surely. So do ya'll think I should go for it? Anyone here cut their dreads off after having them for so long? Just wondering how you felt afterwards.
    Here's my dreads about a year and half or two years ago... (my most recent pic)
    [​IMG]

2. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

I felt like shit I cut mines off. Don't do it. Now I'm growing mine back it sucks shaving them off. Keep them.

3. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I think, do what you feel is right for you deep inside.

But like, think it over, because you have the most beautiful locks!!!

If you feel that its whats best, and that's how you will feel most at peace, then do what you need to. You'll be beautiful no matter what oviously.

4. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

I agree. dont cut!!! You dont need to. If the only reason is cos of stored energy, then release it. I dont know if you believe in spiritual cleansing, but you could try it anyway?
    Next time you're washing your hair, visualise the water rinsing away all the old vibrations. Imagine the water is not from a shower head but from a waterfall :)
    Then you're done! Maybe pass your dreadies through some incense (watch out though, lol).

5. peacedaisy

peacedaisy Member

your dreads are beautiful!!!! I believe in the spiritual cleansing ritual!! My old man and me have been through a lot in the past 2 years and we did a spiritual cleansing. It feels so good for the soul!! He told me that his dreads felt like they were storing up negative past energies. Since we did the ritual he has been totally restored!

6. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I wouldn't cut them. They are beautiful. It would take so long for you hair to grow out and dread them back up again. Just to get back to the length they are now would take a very long time. I agree with the others cleanse them*~*

7. amber

amber Member

hmm...well I think I'm still leaning towards shaving them. I've tried the cleansing thing. My hair has been rinsed pure by many waterfalls, soaked in hot springs during sunrise, and enveloped many times by the smoke of sage picked by someone so grateful for mama earth's little gift she cried and offered thanks as she plucked it. They still just don't feel right to me anymore. New life, new dreads. I'm gonna be a lot more settled down this time as they grow. I don't feel like I'm trying to live up to any image like I kinda semi consciously was while traveling and being on tour. I just wanna be starting out on my lil' homestead with my hair starting over, all wild and free and renewed.

8. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

i agree with wasting the dawn, not only because she is my bestest friend in the whole wide world, but as she is wise. and now wise in the subject of dreadlocks since she has embarked the journey for herself. look deep into your heart, and let that tell you what to do. no one else can tell you what you need to do with your body, you are the only one you can listen to whats its telling you. so listen, and act, and everything will be swell. i do think you have some kick ass dreads, but the reasons for starting over seem like your soul would really like you too! at least you tried it and you know that dreads are in your heart and soul, and they will come back, not be lost forever

9. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

So nicely put, Lunatic. Think I'm fillin' up... *sniff* :)

10. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Look listen how everyone is using spiritual ways. If you think you should cut then cut but you will miss them greatly trust me. And if anything you'll lose 'energy' cutting. I'm sorry but some of u guys make it more dramatic then what it is.

11. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Go for it, shave teh head. Everybody needs something new and refreshing everyonce in a while, especially with your appearance. For me its been different stages of groing and shaving my beard.

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

........follow the path that your heart leads you to.

13. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Yeah I didn't want to be mean but I'm sick and tired of always having to hear something has 'energy' and it must be restored. It's hair if you want to cut it cut it if not then don't...