Thinking about telling my parents...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Monsieur, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

me and my parents have a surprisingly good relationship, sure we've had stages and fights where i want to kill them but over all they have my complete respect.
    I've talked to my mom several times about smoking weed and i've told her what i know and she's pro-legalization even (though i dont think she smokes).
    Well, i just got an email from my dad asking me why i carried around a cigarette lighter and empty bic pen bodies (we used to make apple pipes and the empty pens were the shafts) that i stupidly left in the open.
    I don't want them to think that im like doing coke or any other bad drug but im not sure i should lie...
    Eh, what do you think?

2. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

i should add that they are very level headed, and well i dont know...

3. EnterTheFarside

EnterTheFarside the cats pajamas

it would be a bold and respectable idea to tell them up-front.

but as cool as you think your parents are you never know when they will initiate their parently duties. I thought my dad was really cool about weed. I even thought he smoked. But after i got flat out busted by them he "could not condone it". whatever man, just be aware of what you may be facing by coming clean

4. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

i suggest coming clean, if you show them that youre honest and responsible they'll trust you and and your decisions, even if they may no condone it, just be careful how you phrase everything ;P

ive been through all this and come out the other side, gonna go smoke a joint with my dad right now XD lol

5. neongreen

neongreen Member

tell them if you feel like it, but dont say you do it every day say its only recreational and add a bunch of white lies to put the argument in your favor

6. jean_genie

exactly, its all about how you deliver it

7. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

if they ever get mad at you for some other reason, even if they say they're fine with it they could still use it against you to put it you in some disadvantage. Even if they dont really mean to.

8. jean_genie

yeah, aslong as you get across the points that you use it in moderation (even say rarely, it eases them into it) and that your responsible, maybe throw in a couple points about how you would never even consider anything more than a bit of green occasionally ;P

i had to ease my parents into everything, and now i happily smoked a couple joints with my friend in my garden, parents knew and everything.. things generally work out for the best

9. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

wholy shit. i wonder...if i make a deal with mine like "if i make a 3.0 or around a 3.0 GPA then will you let me smoke marijuana all i want." hmmm....but i dont like the consiquenses if i dont get that GPA :p

10. tyc

tyc Member

just be real with ur parents and tell em... it will be better for u in the long run

11. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Tell them it could be worse then just pot. Say something like I could be shooting up heroin on the corner or selling my clothes for coke.

12. 40oz and chronic

or sucking dick for crack

13. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

or you can get that 1.0 GPA and still smoke all the gangj you want :p

14. 40oz and chronic

15. 40oz and chronic

i guess its possible to get a little over a 4.0 if you do extra classes or something like i dont know. every state is different i guess....

16. towelie21

towelie21 Member

my take. if theyre asking you about lighters and bic pens, they're slightly suspicious. The fact that they havent torn apart your room probably means they trust it isn't anything too bad, maybe even assume it's MJ. But it's hard to say, you know them better. my parents know, but im 23, and they know im responsible enough to be careful and not try anything worse

17. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

yeah, and if i tell them now, before they find something worse such as my pipe or stash, then im ahead of the game and i'd probably at least earn a few points
    the problem is they raised the question about a week before we're going to this amazing beach we go to every year, and i'd really like to take weed but i might be on a sort of tight leash for a while...

18. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

i wouldnt tell unless i was pretty sure they'd be cool.

19. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

same story here.