Thinking about getting a vaper

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Irminsul, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Except I'm scared and don't know where to start. =[
    Some look like volcanoes and are really expensive and some look like little pipes and are cheap so I like the look of one called a VaporGenie I found here http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/vaporgenie.html but ill have to look at a Holland site perhaps or see if there's a German store.
    Anyway, thoughts???

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Magic Flight Launch Box.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Links cause I'm too lazy. =]

4. ariekanibalie

ariekanibalie Member

http://azarius.net/

These cats have a good selection of vapes and are rather excelent as far as customer service goes. They even have an offline shop in Amsterdam, should you be in the area, where you can try out any of the vapes they stock.

There are by now a zillion different vaporizers in all sorts of price ranges - you need to decide how much money you're wanting to spend and how and where you'd like to use it.

The Vapor Genie's alright, but because you have to use a lighter it's a bit more tricky to use than your hi-end vapes where you just dial in the temp and hit that whip or bag.

Most portable electronic vapes leave something to be desired in comparison to a full-sized vape station, but I've heard good things about that Flight Box.

Just don't buy one of those cheap bubble vapes with the plateau to put your green on. Those are a total waste of money.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hrmm thank you. I'm looking at something small and cheap just to see how it all goes. There's a few cheaper options but $$ isn't really a problem, I do not want to go all out space cadet technology though. I'll probably try the genie then if I like ill try the flight box one. =]

6. ariekanibalie

ariekanibalie Member

I find that the more technology is involved the more it feels like you're 'using drugs'. I own an Arizer Xtreme and it's great as far as vaping goes, inflates balloons full of milky, vapory goodness and gets you high as a kite on just a pinch of green. But I don't use it much anymore. I've gone back to smoking joints because A. I find the high of combustion to be a bit 'warmer' than that of vaping and B. I can't get over how much more 'druggy' it feels to electronically fill a bag and inhale its contents. Again, maybe that's just my overdeveloped self-consciousness, but it feels quite a bit classier to just smoke a fat one. It may be more efficient to vape than to combust (I read somewhere that a good half of the THC gets burned uninhaled when you smoke a joint) but at the same time I feel something essential is lost if you don't light that shit on fire.

I've got a Vapor Genie as well and it's pretty handy for clandestine baking in places where you're not even allowed to smoke tobacco (say, work, school or family gatherings), because you can pre-load it and just rip when the time is right. But I have to warn you it's a bit finicky: you have to learn how to 'feel out' how long you need to hold the flame over the ceramic filter thing - too short and you won't vaporize anything, too long and you'll burn the herb, resulting in gnarly coughing fits. For some reason if you overheat your herb in a pipe vape like the VG it hits your throat ten times harder and hotter than any joint or bong ever could. You get a knack for this over time, but it's a slight inconvenience at first, because you can't see the herb either, so you're essentially sussing out the right heating time blind. From what I understand the Magic Flight Box is much more user-friendly in this regard, so you might want to double-think whether you don't just want to splurge on one of those to begin with (also taking into account that with the VG you'll be going through lighters like Cookie Monster through cookies).

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

vapor genie is kind of shitty because you still need to use a lighter with it.

the magic flight launch box is awesome, you just charge up a couple of batteries and you're good to go.

8. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like the MFLB, their commitment to quality and satisfaction gives me some bias though. If it will be for just one or maybe two people, the Magic Flight Launch Box is probably the best. Put it in with some art pencils and it magically becomes a pencil sharper in the eyes of any observer when not in use. And in use, you could use the MFLB in a crowded office and no one would probably notice (not that I would do that!). (Edited to add last sentence or two)

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm used to using lighters with bongs anyway =p

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have a vapor genie, it is nice but not the best, just a good option for the price. If you can spend more money something like Pax is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIzRN73dNf4"]Pax Vaporizer by Ploom (Review by The Vape Critic) - YouTube

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am now more open towards the flight box one. =]

12. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

If you weren't in Germany... I'd sell you mine for $40... but I doubt it could be cleaned well enough to make it through a customs check

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

BTW.. The PAX has all kinds of issues... I would not pay $300 for a vape that seems to have some constant problems... there's threads on GC all the time about faulty PAX.. But there's also a huge fan boy base for it... even if it is glitchy

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Soooo like..... If I smoke one cone piece from my bong which usually sets me straight for a couple of hours, in the magic flight box vape, how much do I use? It says not to pack tight so it vapes better. Now am I meant to get a better high from less weed? That's why I'm looking into all this.

15. Pressed_Rat

The MFLB doesn't take a lot of weed. It doesn't need to. A small trench will get you plenty high, and the high is better than with smoking.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sold. I'm buying one right now. =p

17. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I find that the high is more functional. If I want to get stoned and read, mflb all the way.

18. Pressed_Rat

Yeah, vaping definitely provides a more clear-headed high.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Stoned and then read??? -.- I can't concentrate and need to read the page like 5 times over to sink it in. Me stoned = TV!!! And talking a lot of nonsense to whoever is around to hear it.

20. AprilFool29

AprilFool29 Guest

I can vouch for the MFLB. It's a great portable vape, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

I also have the DaBuddha, for at-home use. I highly recommend that one.