Things your spouse does that irks you

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by la Principessa, Aug 14, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

My fiance loves to offer to do the dishes when I cook (which is pretty much every day) but then forgets to do them. I go into the kitchen to get some water after he's in bed for the night and they're in the sink still. I have told him 100 times that if you leave them for this long, one cycle in the dishwasher does almost nothing because everything is hardened on. I feel like if I'm going to rinse off the plates then I might as well fucking wash them myself. I always say "Honey, if you're not going to do them soon then just don't offer to wash them, for the love of god!"

I love him to death but sometimes I just want to punch him in the dick.

And not replacing toilet paper rolls...grrr

2. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Chews his food too long.

3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I haven't seen her in a while so nothing. But wait tell next month and I'm sure I'll have something

4. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

starts off mundane everyday conversations with the dreaded phrases "we need to talk" or ""so you know..." and continues to discuss which order to do errands in.. or chores or food or whatever.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You need that to make babies with

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I dislike that they always run away and never return.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I hate how they always manage to find a way out of the gimp suit

8. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I think my SO and I could write books about each other on this topic.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Before I answer, what's the character limit to a post?
    Then these threads max out at 1000 posts I think........

Yeah, I'm thinking it would be better to write a book or start a new website rather than monopolize Hip Forums with the multitudinous tomes that could be penned.

10. la Principessa

^lol well you can name just a few things without blowing up the site, can't you?

My man actually cut me with his toe nails the other day. He cuts them, but he doesn't do it neatly. I don't know how the fuck he grows spikes out of his toes. The cut he gave me on my foot felt like a razor blade.

11. Bond007

Bond007 Member

My girl speaks like John Lennon once in a while and always says, "love" at the end of her sentences. It can be really annoying, but I let it go.

12. sojourner777

sojourner777 Member

Don't sweat the petty stuff, just pet the sweaty stuff! Life is too short to waste negative mental cycles on someone who is supposed to have your back. Can you live with it and can your spouse live with your idiosyncrasies? If yes, good. If no, time to move on if one is not willing to alter his/her behaviors to appease offended spouse. Willingly accept him/her for who s/he is without drama, or move on!

This is coming from a man who, if not by the laws of the land, would have had his dick punched a gazillion times already. And there are many things about my spouse that can annoy me. I just let it go and accept that my spouse will not be the mirror image of me.

YMMV.

Peace!

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i love my boyfriend to death but he does so many things to annoy me ...some of that is because I'm really neurotic and some is just because he's annoying as hell lol

he's a loud eater; a slurper, even. He's a slob, which I've learned to overlook for the most part except when he does unsanitary things like takes off his dirty sweaty shirt and throws it on the kitchen table. he compulsively turns on the tv then walks away and doesn't even watch it. He breathes through his mouth even when he doesn't have a cold - that's mostly me being neurotic. The sound drives me cray

That's all I can think of for now.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my significant other keeps yapping about her damn husband

pisses me off to no end

15. la Principessa

You do realize this thread was meant to be lighthearted? I'm sure all of us accept our SO for who they are. But to pretend they don't get on our nerves sometimes would be lies.

lol

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Member

Let it be.

17. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

:rofl:

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'd say: just come together.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

her divorce gets finalized later this month :2thumbsup:

Im hoping it improves our relationship

20. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So many things about her irk me that I'm getting divorced on Monday. Since we decided to get divorced, our relationship has improved immensely.