Things locked up in stores

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 6, 2013.

1. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

Yea around here the only things they lock up is video games and cigs, that i've noticed...

Then again most the things they'd lock up i'm probably not buying or looking for anyways, so there could be more...

the only negative thing about it is you have to track down and employee, bring them to what you want, etc.. such a waste of time, but its not a huge hassle as i rarely ever go through it

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I've only seen that with electronics or weapons.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose i've also seen it at the pet store. they keep those parakeets locked up tight.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've seen stores that have locked up all these things...
    Nicotine lozengers, gum and patches. Cigs (obviously). Condoms. About half of the cold medicine you can get. Ephedrine. Syringes. Infant Formula. Batteries. And other things I'm sure I'm forgetting some..

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Well, the dollar store here in town just got a cigarette case and it's locked, but that's because they can't fit it behind the counters where customers don't have access to it, but that's just common sense. The Wal-Mart has pricier perfume, jewelry, and video games locked up, but that's about it. The Zippos and e-Cigs are locked up at the gas station. All those things seem like reasonable things to keep locked up.

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

We don't see the cigs here. It is illegal to have them on display. I actually thought it was weird to see them behind the counter when I was in the US recently. Not used to that anymore.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I saw something on tv that said that gangs in la were going into stores and stealing cartloads of stuff. not even trying to hide the fact that they were stealing. I guess they could go in and get out before the cops showed up.

8. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Yeah sometimes they just straight up drive a Penske up to to loading dock, fill up and take off, it does require an insider to work tho.